Friday, February 15, 2008

ROCK STAR birthday party


As many of you know, the girls HAVE to include the boys in their parties. So the themes they have been choosing over the last couple of years (anyone remember their 7th Bday Pirate Party with the 35 kids?...THAT'S another story) that the boys would want to come to. This year it was a "Rock Star" party. The kids all came with colored streaks in their hair, rock star clothes and glitter on their face. We made rock star music videos, they got to arrive on the red carpet and were "styled" with spray paint hair color and tattoos. I made a Disco Ball cake with Hershey's Kisses (It's a good thing it was a party for kids cuz it didn't turn out QUITE like I wanted it to. My white frosting ran out and so I had to use chocolate. :) But they didn't care. They thought it was cool), decorated the house (with the decorations Brian so graciously took the girls to Party City in Tucson to buy...again, an hour away...at 8:00 a.m. that morning) and then Brian even let us spray paint his bald head. What a good sport!
The girls had so much fun! And I guess so did Brian and I. :)
And I'm posting so many pictures so that the other kids' parents can see the pictures from the party of their kids.

3 comments:

Heather and James Georgianna said...

seriously they arn't little girls anymore, they have gotten so big and are getting so pretty! it looked like they had a lot of fun at their party!
ps. i think the cake looks awesome!

Christy said...

awwww....LOVE that you're given me props for the cake. :) I was excited about it at first, but then NOT excited with the way it turned out. I told the kids there was one rule..."You can't make fun of the birthday cake." So who knows if they were just "snowin" me so they didn't get in trouble. hahaha. And yes, they are just getting too old. I can't handle it.

Nan said...

Brian really is a good sport! C'mon- a pink head??! ;) It looks like a really fun party. What a great idea. You did a fun job. So great too that you can kill two birds with one stone with having them both on the same day! I know you try to pretend to not like Olive Garden, but how was your Italian Soda??