Sunday, June 15, 2008

Some Last Minute Thoughts Before I Welp

There are a couple of thoughts I've had that I thought I share with you all before this baby comes out. Some are updates, some are advice, and some are just randomness. Here goes...

#1. Update on Nursery...So here are some latest pictures of how far we got with our nursery. There's still a bit of clutter (in the crib, on the changing table, etc.) as I was pulling stuff out to pack a bag, or because I haven't found a place for stuff yet..just try to ignore it...What do you think?
Imagine a big white wooden "S" in the middle of these two shelves. I don't have a Michael's here and forgot to get one the last time we were in Tucson. Does it "kinda" look like a bit of the same "look" we were modeling it after? (See the picture right below it).
#2. This kid has no idea how much his world is going to be rocked tomorrow. I don't think I do either.

#3. Don't ever ask a pregnant woman 8 months or more if she is gonna have another one...it's like your catering supervisor telling you right before your shift is through and your feet are aching and it's all you can do to last another half hour, that you have to work a double and start the whole work all over again...I don't even want to THINK of starting this process over again (and yes, I know many of you won't relate to the catering analogy...but for those who can, I know you have a vivid picture). It's just unimaginable. I hear all these women talk about how they still have 14 weeks to go, or even 6 weeks to go and I don't even want to imagine being back at that stage. I'm so ready!

#4. Both Puffy feet returned... (See previous post), but this time it was tenfold. I couldn't even bend my toes upwards, and my ankles actually hurt from the crease. I almost took a picture to put on here but it was so offensive that I just couldn't. I really hope they go away soon.

#5. If you're ever pregnant, ALWAYS use an electric cart when you're shopping. At first I was REALLY embarrassed... especially when I was at Walmart and X1 asked me, "Mom, aren't you really embarrassed?" The minute I said, "No, if I'm not embarrassed then no one else will be either...and I don't really care actually" she was stoked and asked if she could ride WITH me. (Little did she know I was mortified, but at that point I got over it cuz it was the only way I was gonna make it through any shopping trip). Okay, so Home Depot has them...Walmart, Target, Lowe's, grocery stores and I'm sure lots of other ones too. It saved my life and all the workers were so much more amazingly helpful when they saw me cruisin around. The first time is embarrassing, but GET OVER IT and then you're life will be so much nicer and you won't care the next time. Cuz then remember also...once the baby comes and you're lugging around the same weight, but only double cuz you're carrying a car seat also, no one will even care about you anymore. You'll be left to your own devices. (I only wish I had a picture cuz it still makes me laugh at myself that I actually did this.)


#6. If I was mayor, or any kind of politician that could pass laws, I would pass a law that any pregnant woman 6 months and over should automatically get a handicapped parking pass.
#7. Happy Father's Day to everyone. Especially my own father who is here in town for the bebe, and to my husband for being so wonderful! I've posted a lot about him the past couple of days. Hopefully he feels special enough (even though I don't think he ever reads this. :) )

2 comments:

stacy said...

good luck sweet friend. i'll be thinking of you today.

i love all of your thoughts they are so hilarious. you have inspired me to recount my electric shopping cart experience that i had last week on my blog. and amen about the handicap parking...i already need it and since i pass out i DO get to have one.

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie Schultz said...

Congrats. He is so freakin cute. I love chubby babies! You did great. And thanks for the electric shopping cart tip.