Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fun Baby Buys

After all the showers and people bringing gifts by, there were a few things I still needed to buy before this baby is here...Thought you guys would like to see the fun things.
Bath Set
First is this bath set from One Step Beyond. It's an amazing online store that I have bought so many cool things from for kids and baby. It's all the stuff you wish they'd invent but can't find at Babies R Us or Target. I figured this would help with baths cuz the C-section will be hard enough, coupled with the fibromyalgia, it should help. I remember giving the girls a bath, even up until they were old enough to do it by themselves and wished I had pads to kneel on.



Breast Pump

Next is a Breast Pump. I kept trying to find a decent one on Craigslist, but everyone kept either selling theirs, or wouldn't write me back...or they weren't in good condition. So Brian and I found this one on Amazon for about the same price as what people were selling used. It was like $75 off the normal price and it is Brand New!!!

Swing/Bouncer Chair

Reasons for this purchase: 1) Going to try "Happiest Baby on the Block" approach for crying babies since I'm deathly afraid the baby will have colic like the girls and it recommends a swing; 2) It is a swing AND a bouncer (you take the chair off and it becomes a vibrating bouncer chair); and 3) because Brian was willing to buy it. :)

Rocking Chair/Glider

I wish I had the energy to tell you about my endless search for a Rocking Chair as it's own post. I'll give you a quick rundown... Not only do I not like the look of the gliders (just don't think they're very cool looking), not one store had one in just brown wood. And if they did, it had crap fabric on it, or it was really uncomfortable. I can't tell you how many websites I looked up, how many consumer reviews I read to make sure it was somewhat comfortable, and how many stores (including visiting two different Babies R Us stores at least 7 times) I went to to try them out, HOPING to find something somewhat suitable. The only one I found that I "kinda" liked was $499, and WITHOUT the Ottoman. (And btw, I could totally do without the Ottoman/foot rest. I don't "get" the whole purpose for it. Rocking back and forth with your legs up on it just feels so uncoordinated and wrong...I could go on...but it would make this post way too long). Finally, I found this one. The recommendations from people say that the only thing wrong is it's a bit uncomfortable on the bottom cushion but for the most part it's good. And I found it for a really good price. They were giving me 15% off the already good deal AND free shipping. I had gift cards to Target and money from the group gift in california that almost paid for the entire thing. (AND it comes with the Ottoman, but I'm sure that'll just become a table that I'll use to set things on...until Spencer gets old enough to just use it to hoist himself up to climb on things). Brian says that he'll find a way to make the bottom cushion comfier (add something to it...I dont' know) since we got such a good deal on it, AND I'm stoked that it actually kind of matches our nursery. (Supposedly the blue is a darker denim). I'm excited that it should be here in the next couple of days and I can finally have somewhere to rest my bottom in my large state.

I think I'm NOW done with my purchasing and I'm totally ready for this baby...that is until I realize something is missing...but for now, I'm totally set!

5 comments:

M Rock said...

THAT'S AWESOME BUT HOW MUCH WAS IT AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT??

Ruth said...

Oh the crap a 7 pound baby needs to survive.Or is it what WE need to survive? Hey if you get apricots by the time mom leaves send them my way!!

Katie Schultz said...

Great purchases and you totally made me laugh about the ottoman with the glider, you just feel so awkward. I really want to see your baby room, can you post pics of it too?

amber buhrley said...

So cute christy! I love all research. I am freaking when I realized that 14 days means only 2 weeks left. Yikes...good luck!

Christy said...

I'm planning on posting pictures when the rocking chair gets here, after we finish the far wall, and after I get my butt in gear to put the sheets and covers on everything now that I've washed them.