Saturday, May 31, 2008

MY GARDEN

Here are some pictures of my amazing garden that I enjoy from my covered patio (thanks to Ms. Dorothy Wilder, the little old lady who lived here before us...she planted a drip system and everything!). I just wanted you all to see how it's progressing. I didn't get any good pictures of the four fruit trees (we have peach, apricot, plum and lemon), but none of them are bearing any fruit yet (except maybe one), and I don't think they're going to. We had such strong winds that blew all the blossoms off. There is one that is looking promising, maybe apricot. I've put a picture of the beginning of the fruit below. And of course my favorite is our Jasmine plant that gives off the most beautiful fragrance and has been my favorite for as long as I can remember.



X&X's tomato plants and fresh herbs...not too great of a picture but I put it on here so they can show it off to those in California. :)

7 comments:

amber buhrley said...

I'm So jealous! at least I got something planted though right? Do perenials count?

stacy said...

what a pretty garden! i want flowers but somehow i always end up killing them so i stopped investing the time and money. :) they are beautiful.

Christy said...

Amber, you get more props than I, cuz I didn't plant any of this. I just get to enjoy it. All we have to do is trim them in February down to their roots and keep the "suckers" (weeds) out. Stacy, I can't plant my own. I just don't know how to do it right and I hate that with regular flowers you have to dig them up and replant them once they're dead. I'm thankful someone else did all this work and surprised these rose bushes last so well in the heat of Arizona.

Beth said...

Wow! Your yard is so green! I didn't know that was posible in Arizona!... Just kidding!

Katie Schultz said...

So pretty, I forgot that not all gardens are veggies and fruits... I love your flower garden, not all thanks for the lady before you, you have to keep up on those plants or they overrun each other. Thanks again, for letting me borrow your gardening book

Christy said...

Hey-I even thought that about Arizona, so dry, no green. Maybe it's cuz we live up in the mountains, but everyone here has beautiful lush green backyards. Which makes me wonder...why the rock front yards? It actually makes me bitter cuz it just MAKES you feel dry. I'm just happy for my backyard. :)

Unknown said...

That looks like a peach tree. Our peaches were REALLY good and ripe in early August in Sierra Vista. I am dealing with tons of apricots right now. I found a really easy jam recipe and I've been experimenting with homemade fruit roll-ups. :)