Sunday, May 4, 2008

Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails....

...THAT'S what this shower was made of!

(Cheesy title I came up with, I know. But come on. How could you not? :) )

Anyway, when I was in california, my sisters/sisters-in-law and so many others helped to put on the most amazing and fun baby shower for me. I was in awe at how cute it was, how much work they put into it and how many people were there to support me. Here are some fun pictures for you to experience how great it was. And for those of you who WERE there, I thought you'd still have a fun time looking at them.

Here are some pictures of the fun food they did. It was a garden theme, everything being served out of terra cotta pots, watering pots & wheelbarrows. They had potted plants on the tables and made a "dirt" dessert. You'll see pictures below.



I was so overwhelmed with how many presents there were to open! And thank to all those who stayed outside and made it through the whole thing. That was so fun!


I wish I could have gotten a picture of all the homemade gifts I received. I don't think many of you know how much I love homemade gifts and my sisters all picked out this material to coordinate everything they made me: diaper bags, breastfeeding shawls, baby wraps, receiving blankets, etc., etc., etc. This picture is of a homemade gift my cousin's wife, Emily Stringfellow, made. I love it!
...the beginning of good ol' Puffy (see entry below called "As good as it gets")

Thank you everyone! It was so much fun! I really can't thank everyone enough. I was in tears when I came down and saw how much work everyone had put into it. I could actually use some of that dessert right about now! :)

3 comments:

stacy said...

christy, i'm so glad you found me. i think about you guys from time to time and i am so glad that you are doing well. you really seem to be happy. :) i'm excited for you to have a baby boy. congratulations! i'm going to go see if you have a picture of your husband somewhere on your blog, i've never seen him before. :) happy baby growing.

Katie Schultz said...

That was an amazing shower, one you totally deserved. I had so much fun, you Schultz women have showed me a whole other world to throwing showers, can you say "catering family". You guys sure know how to throw a party

Christy said...

You know, I don't think I have a good picture of Brian on here. I used to have a family picture of us as our "icon" but took that one down cuz it turned out so small. I'll have to post one of him soon. And yes, Katie, our showers turn into catering events. :) But we're so happy you're a part of them!