Monday, May 26, 2008

GRILLED SALMON WITH MELON CHUTNEY


I held onto this recipe for a long time. I kept buying all the fruit ingredients for it and then let them go bad. If I had known how easy it would have been, I would have made this a long time ago. I'm so amazed at how gourmet and delish it is. Way healthy too. It came from Denise Austin's Ultimate Pregnancy Book (a fitness guru) and although some of her recipes were not that great, this one is, I have to admit, amazing. And no, you don't have to be pregnant to make it. :)
The fruit gives you so many vitamins, and we all know how good salmon is for you. It's a great meal also for the summertime since: mangos are in season, it's light and refreshing, and you can grill it on your barbeque without heating the house with your oven. (Although, I prefer baking it since you put the chutney on WITH it while it bakes and it kind of soaks in.)
And yes...I know...my pictures aren't as savvy as some other people we know who post about food. I'm serious though. You need to try it. I served it over Brown Rice and made steamed broccoli.
GRILLED SALMON WITH MELON CHUTNEY
(You can cut everything down into your own portion size. I just make it for me so I don't make all 4 salmon)
4 salmon steaks
3 T. Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lime
1 small mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 cantaloupe, sliced into quarters
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
Place fish in a bowl or large plastic bag and add olive oil and lime juice. Marinate for at least an hour. In a food processor, combine rest of ingredients and pulse a few seconds. The chutney should have a chunky rather than mushy consistency.
Grill fish fillets over hot coals until done, about five minutes per side depending on thickness. Arrange on plate, topped with chutney diveded evenly among the four fillets. Note: If you don't have a grill, you can bake this fish. Place fillets in glass baking dish, top with the chutney. Bake at 375 degrees until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 25 minutes.

No comments: