Thursday, May 22, 2008

Me, Myself & I

I have had many people ask what have I been doing with my time since Xanthe & Xoe have been gone since Friday, and Brian doesn’t come home until this Saturday. Peace & Quiet for a week! I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I’ve done lots of "nothings", and a little bit of "somethings". So, I’m providing a list for you all to let you know actually how nice it has been having them away (even though OF COURSE I miss them terribly). And of course, my beautiful time has been all because of my great family in California is entertaining the girls for me.

1. Emptying my queue in my DV-R which can hold up to 70 episodes of CSI, CSI:Miami and Law & Order EACH, 10 episodes of House, 25 episodes of The Office, and a bunch of mish mosh that the girls have. Just letting you know how big the queue is, not saying that that’s how many episodes I’ve seen…cuz of course I deleted a lot having already seen many of those episodes. ;)

2. Catching up on lots and lots of paperwork, which as you know is neverending...going through mail, filing bills, calling that company you were supposed to call six months ago to cancel that credit card, etc.

3. Reading more books in this short time frame than ever in my life. Pregnancy books, breastfeeding books, novels, Book Club books, etc. (I promise I’m gonna start Twilight. See my “Comment” to y’all about not wanting to buy it since I’ve bought so many already…so can someone send it to me? )

4. Taking 3 days to rack up enough dishware to do a load of dishes, and they’re mostly cereal bowls. I haven’t gone grocery shopping in two weeks cuz I haven’t had to cook dinner. Ya baby!

5. Going to bed at 2 a.m. and waking up at 10:00 a.m.

6. Trying out new recipes (see next post)

7. Organizing the baby room...washing crib sheets & clothes, hanging clothes, etc.

8. Blowing through 3:10 p.m. when I’m supposed to pick up the girls. Didn’t even realize it...when usually it’s the first thing on planning my day.

9. Working on projects/goals on my To Do List AND I actually DID do laundry, cleaned/scoured the bathrooms, countertops and some closets in the house, and changed the sheets on all the bed. Novel concept, huh?

10. Actually getting to watch the Season Finale of CSI:Miami and House WHEN they were being broadcast, rather than 3 weeks later on DV-R. (But I hated not being able to fast forward through commercials)

11. Watching about 15 “Deleted Scenes” from The Office on the computer. You guys should try this! If you miss The Office, this will keep you going. It’s so entertaining.

12. Taking things back to stores that I normally would have just kept and wasted my money on them since I hate taking things back.

13. Finding the most amazing show on CMT called "Redneck Weddings". I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE ARE FOR REAL! It is too funny. One guy thought of proposing to his girlfriend when he was rounding up all the hogs. And their wedding was in complete camo, and had mattress surfing and mud wrestling. PLEASE I need you all to watch it. And check out my sister Amber's blog for her White Trash Bunco party. I still can't stop laughing.

14. Going on my endless search for a rocking chair/glider (see future post).

15. Laying on my hammock enjoying the breezes that are coming in this time of year, clipping my rose bushes and watching the hummingbirds come in flocks to eat from our bird feeder.

16. Sulking in bed realizing that once the baby comes, my freedom with this beautiful peace and quiet is going to be gone.

If I think of any more I'll update this post. It's been nice being on my own, but I'll admit sometimes it's a bit lonely. Thanks everyone for calling and keeping me company with adult conversation! And your blogging is DEFINITELY keeping me company.

4 comments:

amber buhrley said...

uh...sounds like quite a bit. Come on, are you candy coating?

Nan said...

Have you tried OVerstock.com for your rocking chair. Sometimes you can find things and shipping isn't outrageous..

Christy said...

No, but that's a fabulous idea. You have no idea the search I've gone on for a stinkin rocking chair. I'll have to blog about it sometime. :)

whitneyingram said...

If you would like, I can send you the first two "Twilight" books. I am done with them and they are all yours if you want them.

E-mail me with your address if you are interested.