Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME...




My girls are the best. This is what I was awoken to...breakfast in bed. AND they even helped me clean it up. Then they presented me with a red carnation corsage they made at Faith In God. It really was a wonderful Mother's Day. Brian called from Germany and I had received these from him on Friday.


I know there are lots of moms who hate Mother's Day because they want their kids to appreciate them all year, rather than just one day. But I am blessed with kids who, for the most part, are amazing all year round and make me so happy. And I enjoy Mother's Day because it's a day where the rest of the world acknowledges all the wonderful mothers and all the hard work they go through. Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

3 comments:

Nan said...

So sweet for your hubby to send flowers. How did they deliver them all the way from Germany and keep so fresh. :)

Beth said...

Your 8 months pregnant and you get flowers for Mothers Day from your husband who is still in Germany?! When does he come home? Your girls did that wonderful breakfast without the help of Brian I am impressed!

Christy said...

Ya I know. I can't believe it myself. It's called 1-800-Proflowers.com. :) It actually works and the flowers come not all the way bloomed so they can bloom while you have them. Brian comes home May 24. And yup. I taught them a long time ago how to scramble eggs, boil pasta and microwave stuff like oatmeal, cup of noodles, etc. so I didn't have to. :) Next comes baking cakes. :)