Friday, May 2, 2008

15 Friday Ruminations

1. Are there really people who actually enjoy pregnancy? You know who they are...Those women who say, “I love being pregnant. I never get sick. Pregnancy is so fulfilling.” Do they really exist?

2. My new favorite thing is an egg mcmuffin, take the top portion off (that's not stuck with cheese) and eat it with a packet of strawberry jam.

3. Ever feel really bored even though you have so much to do? I find myself playing Free Cell, or zoning, even though I should be cleaning the house, planning a birthday party for my husband, getting ready for the baby, planning a Patch Ceremony for Girl Scouts, or even just taking a shower. Or I piddle around aimlessly and then end up sitting and reading a magazine.

4. Love doing the dishes but hate unloading the dishwasher. Too much bending in my large state. Same with laundry. Love loading it, dislike switching it or pulling it out of the dryer. But I do love that I actually HAVE a dishwasher, and my own laundry room.

5. LOVE "The Office", hated working in one.

6. I'm really into John Mayer & Maroon 5 right now. I know...I'm way late on this. But I just saw an episode of CSI with John Mayer singing "Waiting on the World to Change" and "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" and it was so perfect for the scenes they were used in it made me intrigued to listen further.

7. I'm no longer addicted to Coke or Diet Coke, or any soda for that matter. I'm so happy about that. I wonder if it'll last when I'm not pregnant and worried that my child is going to grow a third eye.

8. I'm scared to have a baby again.

9. I love the feeling of the accomplishment of exercising, but I just can't get myself motivated to hardly ever do it (even though I wear my tennis shoes everywhere). It's something I think about every day but talk myself out of.

10. I struggle going to church now that I'm getting bigger. I have a major case of ADD during sacrament meeting and by the time Relief Society hits, Puffy is back and my brain has shut off. I wonder if that's what kids go through at church (except for Puffy).

11. Too tight of pants can really affect my day. (Or those that fall off cuz of an ever-growing belly where they won't stay on).

12. I love that I have a hammock in my backyard that I can go enjoy on a beautiful day during Spring while looking at my fruit trees and 25 blooming rose bushes.

13. You know that last bit of cereal in the box? It's just right for one bowl until a whole landslide of crumbs and sugar come out with itand ruin your whole bowl. You either have a choice...sift through the bowl to pull the big pieces out and then dump the massive amount of powder/sugar out, or catch it before it happens and sift through it IN the box to pull the bigger pieces out (I'm proud of myself when I can remember to do this) or just accept it and have a sugar rush, then sugar crash, for the rest of the day.

14. I love that I'm going to have two 9 year olds to help with the new baby. But when did they turn into pre-teens?


15. And lastly, what's the meaning of this? It's a frozen yogurt shop, in LaHabra, with no sign of anything remotely close to "jogging" or "healthy eating" or "good for you". I'm quite disturbed that they made the sign simply by sounding it out in their Mexican accent.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Very funny. I hate the cereal thing when that happens. But when I'm desperate I partake.So are you off coke?

Christy said...

Ya I am. It's a miracle, huh? But should I count the rootbeer in the rootbeer floats? I guess I enjoy that soda.

stacy said...

FYI the joggert stop used to be owned by members who are my parents best friends. everything in there was healthy and they used to have pitures of the owners on the wall "jogging". my mom is a major health nut and she used to take us there all the time for the most amazing smoothies. there, now ya know. :)

Christy said...

oh my gosh SERIOUSLY thank you so much for clearing that up! I have been so disturbed since coming back from California. Whew...now I know. :)