Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kill the Mockingbirds

Have any of you seen the movie "Failure to Launch"? One of the funniest parts of that movie are Zooey Deschanel's troubles with a mockingbird outside our window....

Well, that's now my world right now exactly. A loud, obnoxious churping bird singing his song IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. What birds chirp in the middle of the night? 3 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. to be exact. The minute the sun comes up it stops. Except now it's a whole FLOCK of birds. All chirping different horrible tunes that are driving me batty! And now the whole family can't sleep (except for Brian of course who could sleep through a train running through the house.). Today, X&X were up at 5 so bummed that they couldn't sleep and went downstairs to the couches, and that's even after I put loud humidifiers in their room to hopefully drown out the noise. It no worky.

Seriously...what can I do?

I've thought about buying a gun just like "Kit" tries to do in the movie. PLEASE watch this clip I found on YouTube. There are a few scenes that are seriously funny. Just know I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY. (You only have to watch til about the counter of 4:40 on the video).

***Beware...there's a little foul language at the very beginning. You've been warned. It's still so dang funny.***


No comments: