Sunday, November 16, 2008

TEETHING-My Plague

I thought teething was done. I thought I only had to contend with teething with my youngest baby, who is consistently cutting teeth 24 hours a day, which is also bringing an end to my sanity. The whining, the complaining and the doping-up on medicine is not only happening in my household to the 4 month old, but to the two 9 year olds as well.



It seems as though I can never escape from the wrath of children losing teeth and then growing more. It'll never end. I just realized that once I think it's over, they'll need to have their wisdom teeth pulled, and then someday they'll need dentures. *sigh*



This is Xanthe sporting the hole from her most recent loose tooth incident. At least now, though, they're old enough to pull it out themselves. She sat obsessed one day wiggling it, twisting it and bending it back and forth, unable to focus on anything else until this tooth was gone.

But I'll admit, I kinda liked when I got to pull their teeth...doing the twisting and pulling and wriggling back and forth....to then hear the crack of the last root the tooth is hanging on by, snap. There is a sense of satisfaction holding that tooth in your hand. Alas, she wouldn't let me touch her mouth this time. At least I have one more small kid I can have at it in his mouth when he starts to turn around 5 or 6. I'll have a few teeth to help him pull before he denies me.

2 comments:

Brent and Randi said...

That description was really disgusting. When the kids in my class have a wiggly tooth I wont let them show me until they can put the tooth in my hand. Next time the girls try to cut a tooth you should just give them an entire bottle of those teething tabs that you give Spencer. Maybe they will help...or just give them a sugar rush!

heather said...

you're right, it IS never ending. and that's what i call "job security." : )