Sunday, November 23, 2008

Visiting Teaching Groups



Our ward has the most amazing program. Well, actually it is a program those from Salt Lake has started, but not many wards are doing it. It's called Visiting Teaching Groups. Instead of having a partner and then making appointments to visit other women, there are about 6 of us who get together all at once and visit, eat treats, have the lesson and just have a blasted old time.


In the groups, you also have the option of going out for lunch, dinner, movies...whatEVER you want. (10 points if you can guess what movie that last line was based on).


So, this picture (albeit not the best one of me) is from our Goodbye Party to Shawna (the one on the right). She was only here for a few months while her husband was in training. But while she was here, we all became great friends. We were sad to see her go, but it was great to have an excuse to have a fun night out. We went to Hibachi Grill (similar to Benihana's) and then of course we had to do Coldstone!


We have had some great hardy laughs on our Visiting Teaching nights...and even though I'm a big supporter of Visiting Teaching anyway (but that's for another post sometime), I wasn't ever excited to do it. But now, I actually look forward to my Visiting Teaching. Love you guys!

2 comments:

Brent and Randi said...

I agree. I am one of those who never really got into it so this makes an active member out of me...right?

Beth said...

What a great idea!!! I have a lunch date every month with one of my sisters that I visit. I love it!

We should let your mom know about this!