Friday, September 18, 2009

Brian's Work Going Away Party







Brian's work threw him a Goodbye Party two days before he left. These flyers were taped up all over the building. I thought this one was quite funny. His face was plastered on the Women's Door Bathroom. Not on the Men's door bathroom though. hehe. I guess they knew women frequent the restroom quite a bit.



The following are some People Pictures...


This is Xanthe guzzling a Squirt. She was stoked that she was allowed to have one cuz she loves that soft drink.



Brian and Spencer hanging out with Xoe stretching in the back. I wanted to get a picture with the tables of people in the background.


Xoe in mid-sentence.


Carmody and Christy with their new baby, Ella. Carmody was Brian's roommate for quite awhile. After he got married to someone with quite a cool name, they have both stayed good friends.


Brian being given a plaque by his boss, Mark.


Brian making a speech.


And of course, the cake.

I need to get a picture of the really cool statue they gave him of a "Buffalo Soldier" on a horse. It is a reminder of the army base we're on because that base was started by the infamous "buffalo soldier" infantry (aka the first African American soldier infantry, "their skin was as dark as a buffalo, and their fierceness was as hard as a buffalo".) I was a bit worried it was going to be cheesy, but it's a pretty cool statue. It was a bit too heavy though to stuff in our suitcases. I'm sure it would have alone made us exceed the 50 pound baggage limit. Christy and Carmody are going to graciously mail it to us.

I almost didn't make it to the party...for so many various reasons. I didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal. But they really did make it a big deal and I was so glad I was there. I didn't realize he had been there for 2 years and it was nice to hear all the great things his coworkers said about him. Good job, Brian.

1 comment:

Randi said...

I think that the statue deserves a post all to itself. I really want to see that thing.