Sunday, September 20, 2009

Girl Scout GOING AWAY PARTY



Mary Jacobs, one of the parents in our Girl Scout troop, threw our family a wonderful going away party for the Girl Scout troop and their families.

Some of the things I loved about this party:
1. How cute is this cake?


2. The food was so great. We had shredded BBQ pork, Mexican rice, homemade salsa, condiments, etc., etc. She is a working mom and had time to throw a wonderful party! What a great lady.

Mary Jacobs, Morgan Wolf, Joanna Sipes

3. Her house is so beautiful! And her backyard. What a wonderful place to have a party. I could spend all day and night out there.


4. The going away presents: The girls each got a beautiful packet of stationery to write letters to their friends, and I received a very beautiful amethyst & light goldish scarf for the winter months. Mary has such classy taste. I can't wait to be able to use it as part of my winter wardrobe (I LOVE the "look" of winter dress...beautiful coats, boots, scarves, hats...when it's done up classy). Kristina also gave each of the girls a stuffed animal to take with them on the plane and all the girls gave us a wonderful goodbye card.


Kristina and Xanthe




5. All the girl scouts performing dances and camp songs for us.





6. Great conversation with the parents.


7. All the girls and parents who were there! What an amazing turnout. Thank you to all that came! It really meant a lot for those who were willing to be there.



We're truly going to miss all of you and hope that we can keep in touch through the years. We love you all!

1 comment:

Randi said...

I think I recognize the beaver song! How sad is that, I know it by a snapshot! I bet the troop will miss you all a ton. The party looks like a fun way to say good-bye.