Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Lucky, Yet Bittersweet, Day

The Luck o' the Irish must have been with Brian and I on Friday night. We got a phone call from American Airlines saying that they found our camera. Yay, right?! We were so excited. We were going to pick it up in Tucson tomorrow morning. (**Warning...the next part my be a little graphic so I'm sorry if you're bummed on this post... )


I think, however, MY luck ran out very soon after. Not only did I have a horrible morning setting up a cookie booth for Girl Scouts (story for another time), but the minute we got into the car to drive up there (an hour and a half drive), I started feeling shaky and nauseous. The shakes soon turned into hardcore shivers and I was burning up. Spencer had had a fever earlier but it wasn't that hot so I thought maybe he was just teething. But it turned for the worse for both of us and when I took my temperature, it was 102 degrees!


I had the most horrible trip taking care of my sick baby stuck in a car seat and me not having anywhere to lay down. I ended up taking camp in the uncomfortable back seat with the seat belts jabbing into my already crawling skin. Every muscle in my body felt like it was cramping. I kept thinking, "I can't believe this is what I used to feel like every day with fibromyalgia."

It has to be the flu, with all the symptoms, although I haven't been sure. Mosty because my other symptom wasn't anything to do with the flu...my kidney was hurting too so I was super scared I was doing the kidney stone thing again. I was thinking my fever was from that.

I still don't feel better. I've only thrown up twice (and those know how horrible that is for me since I HATE, despise, throwing up) when I tried taking Percocet for the kidney pain...and my body did want to have anything to do with that. I've been off and on, all night and all day, one minute shaking vigorously with the chills, and then the next, feeling like my skin and insides are on fire.

So! Although I should be so happy about finding our camera, it was a bittersweet drive to get it. I'll be posting soon! Yay! We have pictures. :)

4 comments:

stacy said...

oh my gosh chrity i am SO SORRY! it's hard to be sick and the momma AND in the car all at once. i hope you get better quick. SO glad you got your camera back.

amber buhrley said...

Are you freaking kidding me? They found your camera? And called you? Christy, Can I just tell you how Unlikely that is. Knowing first hand that IS VERY GOOD LUCK! Not even kidding. Sorry about your sickness but my brain couldnt get past anything other then them 1. finding your camera and 2. calling you to tell you they found it. Count your lucky stars and go play the lotto. Not kidding! No one ever gets their stuff back!

Alicia said...

I can't even imagine losing the camera!!! But mostly, I am so sorry you are so sick. Get better. And please, keep on swearing!

Beth said...

I hope you are feeling better...nothing is worse when the mommy gets sick!

From Amber's blog I am so happy some very nice person found your camera! Pictures are priceless!