Wednesday, October 21, 2009

On Another Note...


What should this handsome little man be for Halloween? Any ideas? I REALLY need your suggestions.

At first I thought Yoda! But then I figured he wouldn't appreciate the green paint.

Then I thought Shrek! But then again, there's that green paint issue again.

One friend suggested Nacho Libre. How funny would THAT be! But I don't think he'd wear a mask for very long.

Keep in mind the following when making your much-needed suggestions...

We can't order anything online...it would take too long to get here.

Germany doesn't do much celebration of Halloween so they don't have many costume stores (although I have been told by one person that there may be a few at the "Real", pronounced "Ray-Al" or at the FamiliaMarkt)...but not quite sure if we have many options with that.

And...

Our "everything" store on the Army base has NOTHING. We've looked at three but they were cleaned out as of two weeks ago. I guess if that's pretty much EVERYONE'S option over here, they'd be cleaned out for sure. (But as in true Christy fashion, I can't help but wandering off on a tangent...my thoughts are then...why wouldn't the stores just order MORE! I'm sure they go through this every year? Just a thought...)

So, PLEASE throw out any suggestions. The girls have already figured out what they're going to be from things we found in their regular clothes section. I'm really excited for their costumes. Don't ask...you'll just have to wait! :)

5 comments:

Alicia said...

First off, I can't wait for the girls' costumes. Second, no idea on little Spencer... unless you sew a Yoda hat/ear/helmet thing. That might work?? Then, just have him wear a brown bathrobe or something. Hmmm. I'll be thinking. Parenting.com usually has some really darling homemade ideas for Halloween. Check them out. Good luck!

Heather and James Georgianna said...

maybe make him something...do u have your sewing machine set up? you could do a cute like bear costume with an attached hood or something?

Kelli Callahan said...

You could dress him up as a vaudevillian villian. Dress him in black clothes and give him a tiny black mustache with eyeliner or something. He'd be so cute!

amber buhrley said...

My vote is to recreate the sumo baby! Its not too cold for it is it?

Rachel said...

you are just too limited in what you have available! it would be really fun for him and brian to be mini-me and dr. evil. or have brian be the empire state building and spencer be king kong. i think even without a mask nacho libre would be pretty awesome. i'm sure you'll come up with something great! can't wait to see!