Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday in the Park



We had this week of amazing weather. We didn't have church that day so we decided we needed to go on a little family outing.  We had to do a little "Flat Stanley" school project for our cousin Rocky.  This was the letter we received from Rocky.





We sent a copy of the picture with Flat Stanley in it, 30 miniature bags of German Gummy Bears and the following letter and postcard.



These girls are so dang beautiful.





The girls came up with the fabulous idea to have a picnic in the park next door to the train station. I decided to take a few pictures of my own since I didn't have many from this area.  And sorry for the obscene amount of pictures in this post. I just couldn't weed out (selfishly, of course, because I want them in my blog book).



So, Xanthe, Xoe, Katryn and I were across the street from the station.  Brian and Spencer had taken the train from our house cuz... well, it was the train and that would be Spencer's highlight of the trip. 

Xanthe running to meet them.











Brian, Spencer and I took a walk to the other side of the grassy area to explore.















Xanthe had a great idea to bring not only a bunch of food but some Berliners.  Jelly filled donuts.  Did I tell you how awesome the German bakeries are over here? They're on almost every street corner.


When I posted this picture on Instagram, my brother in law James posted that he got a "flash forward to when the girls are in college!"  So true, huh?  I actually can't wait and think they are going to be awesome girls at college. :)



Katryn teaching Spencer how to open Oreos.  Yes, I promise we did have healthy food there.  haha.  





Ummm, what's going on in the background?




Can you believe it?  Yes, I actually play with my kid. :)



I wish I would have gotten a picture of the tulips and flowers that were starting to bloom. Up until now the weather was cold and no flowers in bloom.  I was so happy to see beautiful flowers planted and ducks swimming in the pond.  I absolutely love Spring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The letters make me smile. I love the things they mention about Germany. So funny!

Kerstin

Christy said...

Hahah, Kerstin, there wasn't much room to write, plus these are the main things people (Americans) believe about Germany. If we'd had more room I'd talk about the sheep and horses roaming the countryside behind our house, or the cherry stands where for 4 Euro you can buy a kilo cone of the most luscious cherries, or playing down by the downtown park with swans, ducks and paddle boats next to an outdoor amphitheater. But for the sake of 8 year olds, I kept it to the basics. :)

Kerstin said...

Just to make sure it will be in the blog book: I meant cute-funny, not mocking-funny. I don't want you to remember me as the unsufferable Miss Know-it-all. :-)