Sunday, March 30, 2008

California Trip Series, Part 1

Our Jimmy-Rigged Car:
Can you tell how rigged up I created the car for the girls? I was without Brian cuz for Valentine's Day I thought it would be a great idea to fly Brian to Utah during our Spring Break trip for Guys' Weekend, until I realized that I really DIDN'T want to make that trip without him being 7 months pregnant and burnt out on driving. If only you could see how rigged up the Game Cube is with as many cables as I could find that would make it work. My dad would be proud! And of course we had to bring Grammy's Easter present the girls made ALREADY assembled (You can see the silk flowers and the Easter basket above their head). It was a burr in my side with it rolling around the car. Needless to say, that was the easiest trip I've made. It's all about stocking up with as many things your kids can do! I threw the belief right out the door that you shouldn't let your kids watch too many DVD's and video games! Bring it on! The girls had at least 20 videos, 10 games and 10 DVD's to choose from, as well as board games, books and activity coloring books! Now THAT'S the way to travel.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

How did our moms do it. I'm totally with you. Dvds and DS