Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dr. Suess' Week at School

So, this week at school, they are celebrating the birthday of Dr. Seuss. Each day the kids could dress up with a certain theme the school had set. I'm so sad I didn't have a camera for Monday and Tuesday cuz Monday was Crazy Hat Day. Some kids wore crazy hats but their teacher also had a fun thing and gave them each 30 straws and a roll of masking tape to see who could create the tallest hat. They all came walking out of school with these huge tall straw hats.
Tuesday was Crazy Hair Day. Xoe put hot pink glitter streaks and blue streaks in her hair, and Xanthe did braids all over her head. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of it!
Then Wednesday was "Wocket in My Pocket Day". (Nan, I really wish they would have done "Wacky Wednesday"! How do they not know that book?) Anyway, the library had them all make little wocket creatures to wear on their pocket.
Today, was Crazy Socks Day. I FINALLY got a picture of them. This time they were wearing their crazy socks. For Friday, they are all decorating their doors the craziest and having a contest. Xanthe's been creating lots of art from "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" and some birthday book by Dr. Seuss. It's been really fun for them. And of course, I'm a sucker for all that schoool fun stuff. I love when they do fun things like this.

2 comments:

Nan said...

What a cute idea! Sierra Vista is an amazing place- As I was reading, I was reciting- "Oh the wonderful sounds Mr. Brown can do- he can sound like a cow. He can go Moooo" and so on.

Christy said...

haha. Xanthe was giggling at your comment. When I read it to her, she was saying it with you out loud. What a great author Dr. Seuss was to have an impact on kids like this. Xanthe wants me to post the picture of her teacher wearing this HUGE black afro on Crazy Hair Day. Maybe I will if she begs me enough. :)