Tuesday, April 29, 2008

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHY

So, I'm doing a plug for my friend Bill Lindsay. (well actually it's Brian's good friend from Riverside when he lived there for 10 years. They lost touch for many years and just got in touch with each other last December). He probably doesn't even know I link his blog to mine (I should email him to tell him). But I know a lot of you are into photography (Ruth, Scott, etc.) , and even if you're not, I know a lot of you appreciate great photography. Well, Bill just recently found his love for photography and decided that this year he was going to have a picture for each day. 365 days of photography. A lot of the pictures have his descriptions of the cameras he uses, which is way over my head, but many of them have allegories, and metaphors for life, etc. that accompany the very interesting shots he has taken.

His latest run is his trip to Hawaii. But they're not the pictures you'd think. As an example, one of his pictures is the closeup of a hot pink orchid in front of unfocused white towels. Anyway, you've gotta check it out. His last post was of the airline seats. He uses black and white to show the mood that it was a depressing feeling that he was going home, whereas if they were just heading over there, it would have been in color. It's stuff you see that should be published. I'm very impressed with him, especially since he just recently started. So, check it out every so often and be uplifted and inspired.

Let me know what you think. (There's a link here on my blog).

1 comment:

So Lost And Found said...

Wow, that was really nice. Thanks. Your blog looks great! Brian, stay safe.

Bill