Tuesday, April 8, 2008

California Series, Part 3


LUCK OF THE IRISH TO YA!
I know this is late comin, but I wanted to post a few pictures of how we spent our St. Patty's Day in California. I really do love St. Patrick's Day, even though it gets forgotten most of the time. Xanthe & Xoe surely didn't forget. Before we could even say anything, they came out dressed in all green, from head to toe. Didn't even know they had packed that much green! They ended up changing their green pants and green skirt for jeans, but believe me they were definitely in the Blarney spirit!

We were at Nan's house in Camarillo, California and they helped Rocky & Piper pick something out. Again, green from head to toe. Here are some pictures...


Picnic At the Park. Next, we went to the park and had a picnic, courtesy of Subway and Auntie Katie, who gave them the picnic basket. And yes....the girls brought this picnic basket all the way from Arizona. You might be able to see it in the picture of our "Jimmy-Rigged Car". Thank you Auntie Katie! They have picnics everywhere we go! :)


Am I really THAT pregnant?
Here I am with one of the first pictures I have taken with my belly that seemed to double in growth in just the few days from Arizona to California. I was 27 weeks at the time and I'm almost 30 weeks. I know I'm twice that size now in just a few weeks. I can't even get that shirt on now.

Underwood Farms. Nanette lives in beautiful Camarillo and has all these orchards and farms around her that stretch for miles and miles. One of the farms has a food stand near her house. We go there most every time we're there and feed carrots to the animals. The kids love it. One EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA large bag of carrots, please? Seriously look how huge that bag of carrots is.


Check out the cute haircut on Xoe. Xanthe has the same one, and they wanted it to be like Auntie Heather's! Thanks Nanette for the haircuts!

There's one other thing we did that night, but I have to save it for my next post. It deserves it's own entry! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

Katie Schultz said...

OH wow I feel so fulfilled reading this amazing post. And you are so welcome for the picnic set, I can not believe how much use it has gotten, so great. I loved the pictures. PS you look smokin hot in that pic! Way to go even at 30 weeks

Ruth said...

I think those animals are alive thanks to Nan and all her visitors she brings there.:D How was catering?(Dare I ask?)

Christy said...

haha! THANK you for saying I look smokin hot! cuz sometimes I don't feel that way. :) And Ruth, TOTALLY! And don't even ask about catering. :) Actually it was okay. Easiest party I've ever had, BUT it was catering. Thanks for asking. :)

Rachel said...

looks like fun, christy! although, what a snob you are---so close to me in CA and you didn't even call! i can't believe it.

all right, i'm not really upset. and you are SO, SO cute as a pregnant lady! except the swollen feet. that's not so cute. thankfully it's gone for now.

Nan said...

Thanks for the great post. We had a fun time! I laughed at your comment Ruth. It's true! I have to budget carrots in my finances.