Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

So, I had such a fun birthday yesterday. To give you a background of how much it could have sucked, my husband left for Germany on Saturday for 5 weeks...with me almost 8 months pregnant (just two more days) and the most awful pain in my groin (sorry, guys!) where I can barely walk, sit, stand...anything except for lay down (Oh, but I can't even turn to the other side without it hurting). So I'm kind of an invalid. :) I have Xanthe and Xoe who are great help when they "want" to be, but I also don't want to shoulder them with all this responsibility and have them resent the baby. But I barely keep my dishes done and my house looked like a bomb hit it.

Anywho (anyone else "kind of" not like that word?), Saturday night our doorbell rings and we thought it was just the girls' friend's mom coming to pick her up when I hear one of the girls yell, "Grammy! Grandpa!" I almost burst into tears right then. "What!?!" It was like my dreams (and prayers) had come true. When I had talked to my mom earlier, I was trying to explain to her how bad things really were without sounding too whiny. I was secretly hoping that I could get her to come out here to help me. I was really starting to get depressed.

We had a great weekend! She was so much help and I was able to rest my leg and the girls weren't being ignored. I've actually worked on the baby's room, putting clothes away and decorating, things I couldn't do before because just doing the dishes would be too much for me. She stayed til this morning where she had to leave at 4:00 a.m. to catch a 6:00 a.m. flight but managed to stay through my birthday yesterday. It started with my friend bringing over muffins and cupcakes, and dad making omelettes and moogie (yum!). We went and got pedicures and manicures, out to dinner and open presents! Then we had Movie Night watching "Dan In Real Life"! I didn't get to watch much of it cuz all my brothers and sisters were calling me, but that is one of the highlights of my day! So thanks everyone! And thanks for all the great presents (love them all!) that everyone efficiently got to me on time so I could have them to open on my actual birthday! You guys rock! Here are some pictures from our day.

Thanks Mom and Dad for bailing me out! I wish you were here all the time (secretly, of course. I'd never admit it...hahahah) and thanks to all the renditions of "Happy Birthday" that I got from all my family (including two part Indiana Harmony from M&D, Rocky and Piper, and Ruth & Katie's "special" version)! Love you all! Can't wait to see you! Christy

2 comments:

amber buhrley said...

I thought I would spare you the happy birthday from our family! You are one lucky girl to have such a great day! Do you think you might go earlier then June 10th? From the sounds of things it might be sooner than you think? I still want to come out! Should I make it work and when? Post a blog of the nursery in progress. I love seeing things like that! And your belly. I dont believe you that it is that big, I just saw you a month ago!

Beth said...

What a great family you have! I know how crazy busy your mom is! How awesome that your mom & dad surprised you!
I know how uncomfortable you must be, but after witnessing the birth of my grand daughter, it is all worth it!