Thursday, April 3, 2008

AWARDS ASSEMBLY



To take a break from my California Trip series :), I wanted to post that today the girls received two awards at their School Awards Assembly. The first was for Good Attendance, which for us, is wholly amazing because there hasn't been a semester where they have NOT missed less than 8 days of school (which is "no-no" in schools. They send a letter home scolding the parent for denying the child an education (whatever) and that the parent needs to do their "responsibility" for their child (again, whatever. I've gotten plenty of those letters) because of our trips to California. Then, to everyone's surprise, their class voted them BOTH as Citizen of the Quarter. This is a huge deal cuz everyone knows you're only allowed to have one but their teacher verified that they both got equal votes by their peers. It was really funny the reaction the crowd got when their teacher said, "And I have to give it to two kids, it was a tie, and they are identical twins, Xanthe & Xoe Villa." There was this funny laughter by all the parents and some cheering by all the kids, cuz I'm guessing they thought it was such a novelty and it took them by surprise. Xanthe turned red in the face. I guess it still never gets old that they're twins, even though for me it's such normal life. It's cool though. I enjoy it. It reminds me that it is pretty cool that they're identical twins. Anyways, Congrats Girls!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Congrats Xoe and Xanthe!!!!!