Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Ruthy Lou!


Lots of August birthdays in my family. And I haven't even done Brian's family! :) I'm sure you all would be so bummed if I was doing birthday posts all the time. But i LOVE them cuz I get to post about some of my favorite people.

Ruth Louise Schultz

Some Stats:

1. She's my oldest brother, Scott's wife.
Murder Mystery Dinner
2. She and I are only a few months apart in age.

3. She has 3 of the most amazing boys I know. My girls are attached at the hip to them.

4. We were going to have a double wedding.

5. She talked me into my first major haircut. She was wise enough to tell me that my hair was basically like "corn husks" (not her words, but they should have been) and that I had the worst dye job (again, not her words, but she SHOULD have and COULD have said it cuz that's how bad my hair was)...She introduced me to James at Salon Unity, helped me pick out what I was going to do, and eased my fears when I told her I had been up all night scared that I was going to look like Billy Ray Cyrus (pre-Hannah Montana...mullet days)

My Favorite Picture...This has always been my favorite picture of the two of us together. Too much of a favorite that it has been ruined, but I can never get rid of it.
6. She has been my personal stylist for years. She brings "coolness" to my life...cuz let's face it...I'm just not that "cool" when it comes to style, fashion and everything else.

The Modeling Pictures...I think this was at Heather Powers' house. For some odd reason, we took modeling pictures all around her house, mostly cuz I think we wanted pictures of Heather's house, but didn't want there to NOT be a person in them. Random....hahahah

7. Her main wish used to be that I would at least just see ONE movie with the rest of the family. I always used to come up with some excuse. And now that I don't live near her, I go to like three movies a weekend sometimes.

8. When I was sick with bronchitis during the twins' pregnancy, she made me get out of the house to go with her up north to visit her sisters, and was so understanding when I was just NOT feeling well. She even walked a few blocks to get me cold medicine. I felt so bad, but she reassured me that she was happy I was there. She even went as far as to tell me that if I didn't go, she wouldn't go...and I knew how much she wanted to go. She knew the right tricks.

9. She is an amazing artist. I wish you could see the art that she did way-back-when in high school. You'd wish that she would continue.

10. She used to be a model. One day, Ruth, I'd love to see you post your old modeling pictures. She also used to be an actress. Her big debut was the cheshire cat in Alice In Wonderland. PLEASE tell me you have pictures.

11. We met and hung out on a motorcycle trip when we were teenagers and didn't even remember it til she was almost married to my brother. We got scared watching the Stephen King clown movie "It". I'll never be the same after that weekend.

12. She ALSO never judges me (see her post on my birthday)...not only about my messy house, but on every aspect of my life.

13. She is an amazing photographer. Check her blog and my family pictures (my July post called "My Little Family") and you'll see what i mean.

14. She has pleasantly surprised me by enjoying Judith McNaught's period romance novels, Moulin Rouge and Xanadu.

15. She really know how to get her "craft" on.

16. She's always so helpful when any of us are in need. Like rushing Katie to the hospital, helping do the flowers, hair, shopping, invitations, photography, etc., etc. for all our weddings, and bringing me a Subway sandwich as a gesture of hope while i sat with colicky screaming twins.

The White Trash Birthday Party
17. She's a great gift-giver. You can always count on ruth to give you an amazing gift.

18. She used to be like a walking bank cuz she always had a wallet full of cash from her clients on her at all times. You could always count on her to break change for you.

19. She's a total party person and will rally everyone together to have fun!
The Dan Band for My Birthday...How did Heather get let in? Can you say fake I.D.? Don't admit to it.

20. She's a great personal cheerleader. No matter what it is, she'll totally make you feel good about it, help you plan it and be one of the first to see it through.

21. She won't write or address anything for anyone cuz she thinks she has the handwriting of a "4-year-old boy."

22. She'll sing at the top of her lungs for the annual Schultz Family Christmas caroling...well, I don't know if she'll sing, but she'll ALWAYS go. Even if everyone else doesn't want to. :)

23. I love that she's let me get to know her family. I love hanging out with them and I love when they all know me when I go to their family get togethers. I get shy thinking they won't remember me.

24. And lastly, she's a GREAT mother to Max, Ollie & Harper and the best person for my brother to be married to. She has so much patience and love for them, and she has supported Scott through all his endeavors.

I'm so freakin happy Ruth is in our family! It's been a great ride, hasn't it!




3 comments:

Ruth said...

Yjanks (you know I'm crying) We had our fun huh. I forgot about ALOT of this stuff. You have such a good memory about other peoples lives.

Beth said...

Wow! You said it all! It was so fun reading all 24 things about Ruth. (I love the modeling pictures at Heather Powers house)

heather said...

i laughed out loud at the "i can't help you guys write addresses, because i have the hand writing of a left-handed 4 year old boy." haha!