Thursday, August 7, 2008

WOW Another Birthday-SAM-U-EL


Samuel Harris

So, I have another brother who has a birthday in August. I think out of all 8 kids, we all share a birthday with someone in our month. I'm not sure he'll even get this cuz I don't think he checks our blogs...but if he does, here's a little tribute to Sammy Davis (another nickname I have for him).

Sam is one of my younger brothers. But he was the baby of our family for 6 years before another sister and brother came along so I still think of him as my baby brother.

Sam's an amazing guy. He has seriously done so much for himself that amazes all of us. I don't even know what to say about him. He has multiple successful businesses, including a catering company, a diner called "Sammy's", an entertainment company, etc. He buys and sells businesses and houses. How about this...if you want to know more about him...check out his OWN website...betcha y'all didn't know he had one, didja? Well, he made the mistake of showing it to me. It's pretty good and he SWEARS it was done as a joke by his website guy...even if it was a joke, it's a pretty good website and really shows you all the things he's done in the last few years. Check it out. http://www.samschultz.org/ And make sure you hold your mouse over his picture at the top.

So, since his website explains who he is now, I'll just give you a few of my own memories about him...


1. Sam had the raddest hair as a baby. He had SO MUCH. We could never style it and it always just stuck up. We used to say he had helmet hair cuz it always looked like someone pulled a football helmet off his head.

2. We used to (well, I'm not going to take responsibility for it...it was mostly Ben and Scott) throw footballs at Sam's head as he was running by to knock him over. But I laughed...I guess that's just as bad.


3. I have two sisters right below me and then comes Sam. Of COURSE we're going to dress him up like our dolly and put girl clothes and makeup on him . :)


4. The Britney Spears joke was pretty funny, especially when he REALLY believed it. :) We got one of our friends to pretend she was Britney Spears and call him to accept his offer to go to one of the school dances with him. I'm pretty sure he actually asked her to the dance and believed she would go. That's just his personality. He has no qualms or fears about doing crazy things like that. We seriously had him going. It was so dang funny.


5. Remember when that really shy girl showed Sam the tape in confidence that her top flew off during a show choir performance? She was so embarrassed and "knew" (so she thought) Sam would make her feel better and not tell anyone. She OBVIOUSLY didn't know Sam and his best friend Ryan very well. How do you think we all know about it? He showed everyone that came over. In his defense it WAS pretty dang funny to watch cuz no one would have noticed had she not brought it to his attention.


6. I think i had the most nicknames for him than i did for any of my siblings. Sammy, Sammy Davis, "Sam-u-el within five years the night will be as one" (yes I would say that whole thing really fast...know what song that is?) Sammers, G, Little Brother


7. He ran away from home to my house. I was flattered he felt safe there.


8. "Cuz I'm a MEAN OL' LION... RAWRRR"!!! I know you all just sang that. hahaha. you can't read it without singing along. So, Sam starred in our city's production of Wizard of Oz and was the BEST cowardly lion. We still love watching him break into character.

9. and of course how could we forget how generous he is. He is always trying to help people, give things to people and love people. He just gave my girls very, very expensive tickets to see Hannah Montana at the Utah Stadium of Fire. He only had 10 tickets and gave 2 to them. We were so thankful and the girls HAD AN AMAZING TIME!!!! Thank you!



Happy Birthday Sam! I hope it's a great one! We miss seeing you as much as we'd like but are glad when we can. We love you. Brian, Christy, Xanthe, Xoe & Spencer

No comments: