Friday, August 29, 2008
On another note, I'm on about 3 hours of sleep because we had three major hour-long blackouts last night. The whole town. Lightning storms. Which on any normal night, at a reasonable hour, I would have loved watching the lightning cuz it really is cool. But of course my baby slept right through it, but my nine year olds woke up every time, scared as can be. So, on the night when Spencer actually slept for four hours, I was awake. On his floor. Next to his crib. I call that the Wicked Irony.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Anyway, one day, I thought that Spencer needed something fun to look at. I didn't have Baby Einstein so I thought he would like the fun colors of YGG. I did the same thing with the girls before they came out with Baby Einstein. I put them in front of Blues Clues so their mind could be stimulated by all the bright colors. Check out how Spencer liked it! (And ignore the mess. Brian was taking apart a ceiling fan whilst this was going on).
He was getting all excited and kicking his legs and throwing his arms all over the place. He loved it!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
1. He's fat... He weighs about 15 1/2 pounds. The doctor says he's off the charts with his weight. He's in the 95th percentile with his height (he grew 2.5 inches since birth), and his head circumference and chest circumference both went up by 4 centimeters. I can't even fit a baby hat on him.
2. He smiles all the time, even when you're talking to someone else.
3. He is in 3-6 month clothes. It was pretty sad when I was trying to squeeze him into 0-3 month clothes. I would sing "Fat Guy in a Little Coat" everytime I was dressing him.
4. He LOVES his bath now. I give him one every night, even if I don't wash him, during his fussy time (which only lasts about 30 minutes at most). It's like a drug. He just zonks out the minute I'm finished getting him dressed.
5. He loves sitting in the crook of daddy's arm to look around.
6. Oh, did I mention he's FAT! :) hehehe. I have to use two arms to hold him while I breastfeed.
7. He's totally cool just kickin it by himself in the swing, on a blanket or in his carseat.
8. BUT I hate letting him be by himself and have to force myself to not want to hold him all the time. I also hate hearing him cry. Mostly I feel bad for him cuz he hardly ever cries so I feel like when he does, there has to be something wrong. I have to force myself to let him cry sometimes.
9. I swear I birthed my brother, Harrison. (Sorry, did that sound weird. You know what I mean. He looks EXACTLY like him, to me at least).
10. He loves his pacifier.
11. Still loves socks or mitts on his hands. I try taking them off during the day but when I know he's really fussy, or when it's time for bed, I'll put them on him and he calms down. It's a security thing, not cuz he scratches his face. Weird, but cute. :)
12. We just moved him into his crib in his own room last night. I had a hard time falling asleep or getting a good sleep at all.(And what's up with this blogger formatting? It looks fine when I'm editing it, but when I post, all these funky things happen to the spacing..)
So, here are some random pictures of Spencer I thought you'd get a kick out of. We call this one "Cooooool, Cool, Cool Tricks...Yaaaaaaa" (I sang THAT one in my head too. Thanks YoGabba...)
On a side note and as long as I'm going with the Cool Tricks theme...and so I won't have to do another post for this...this is how the girls fill their time when they're SUPER bored...
So, I'm back from my tangent...where were we? Oh ya, RANDOM SPENCER PICS
First day of "Baby Boot Camp". Spencer LOVED being walked around for an hour and a half straight. Can you SEE though, how big he is! Remember? He's 2 Months...Good heavens. I just really can't get over it. hahahaha
This one's for Brett & Johanna! They gave them this outfit! Woohoo! Of COURSE Brett picked out the baseball theme. :) And yes, it's 3-6 months.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
The White Trash Birthday Party
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Piper..........Porter engaging in our adult conversation night gnawin on one LARGE bag of trail mix.What are you doing Katie? Oh that was when we inhaled the Swiss Rolls. Who eats those? Us...yes, us...that's who. What we call NURSING A DR. PEPPER...aka "Addicted"
Grandpa & Porter (aka "Grandpa's Mini-Me"...He follows him everywhere)
" Lizey" (Eliza)
Porter & Heather
Woooooowwwww again...........Xanthe getting her groove on............
The Whiting Cash Store...I wish I would have gotten a picture of the inside. They had a penny candy counter and homemade fudge, yo-yos and an old-fashioned soda machine. They sold all the heritage books there, a bedtime story book (of all the stories we've heard through the years as kids), heritage "Go Fish" playing cards (with all the ancestors on them), doll clothes you could make, t-shirts, etc. It was decorated so cute with old fashioned dolls, real food (carrots with the green stems on them, barrels of potatoes, freshly laid eggs, and a big milk container), old fashioned sewing spools and material and fun old fashioned toys. This was my favorite of the whole "Village".
Chair Factory...Xoe wittled a spear that was a bit dangerous. We had to hide it so one of the kids didn't impale someone with it.
The Post Office...you could write letters to other people who were there and they could come pick them up and write you back...The Hat Shop and Quilting also...School...The children got to write with feather quills and pots of ink...