Monday, June 14, 2010

Spencer's Discoveries

I've been trying to find time to do a great post all about Spencer's likes, dislikes, achievements, funny idiosyncrasies, etc. But I just can't focus on it. So, I decided to split them up and do them over random posts. I would have loved to have started off with a list and an amazing writing about him, but I think since I have these pictures already uploaded I'm going start here.

Not only did Spencer figure out how to climb up on things (a major accomplishment for his delay in gross motor skills), he found the salt shaker. This one, in particular, just pours the salt out...you don't have to shake it. We kept hiding it and he would find it, pour it in piles all over the table and then draw shapes in it. I couldn't get mad cuz he was exploring and learning. But I have found a better hiding place for it when I don't really want him to do his exploring and learning at certain times. :)






6 comments:

Heather and James Georgianna said...

haha so funny...i can just see you taking the picture too while its pouring. I think i would freak a little while all that salt is pouring out!

Heather and James Georgianna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

I love the serious look on his face. Like he knows exactly what he is doing and is working on something really important

He is getting sooooo cute!

amber buhrley said...

So cute but kind of makes me think of something aunt cheryl would let her babies do. "Oh just let him, he is having so much fun!" Like she used to do with applesauce.

heather said...

i can just imagine you trying to hide it in more and more difficult places and him always finding it. haha! you are a good mom for laughing and taking a picture instead of getting frustrated.

Ruth said...

I hope he is throwing some of that over his shoulder! Isn't there some wives tale about spilling salt? Am I crazy? I think there is. hey is his hair red or is it the picture?