Tuesday, July 1, 2008

An Eventful Day Yesterday

So, yesterday we had a very eventful day

#1 Happy 2-Week Birthday to Spencer!
I can't believe he's two weeks old. I think I'm doing okay with the fact that he's getting bigger. When he was about 6 days old I started getting really depressed thinking about him getting to even be a week old. I LOVE this newborn stage. I don't want it to go away. But I think I'm "okay" with him being two weeks. I'm becoming an adult again rather than a giddy teenager. :) Looks like Spencer's not the only one growing up. :)
#2 Spencer wore his first real "outfit". Usually he's just been in footed pajamas or a nightgown. But because of #3 below, I felt he had to be dressed in something cute. Can you see that I even matched his socks? Okay, I don't even know if this is a cute outfit. I haven't ever dressed a boy. But come on. Be easy on me. :)


#3 Spencer took his longest excursion yet when we drove all the way to Phoenix (3 hours) and back to take the girls to the airport. They were flying to Utah to be with their dad and see the Hannah Montana concert! They're so excited. I'm a bit bummed I didnt' get pictures with the girls, Spencer and Grammy. Grammy met us there from L.A. to fly with the girls to Utah so we didn't have to do the Unaccompanied Minor thing. It was fun seeing her for a few minutes. We already miss the girls. And how do you Phoenix people deal with that heat? and don't say "we go swimming" cuz someone informed me that your pools aren't even refreshing cuz they get to like 95 degrees and to cool it down you have to put ice in it or drain it and fill it up with colder water. Ugh!

#4 Gained Weight...While at the airport and while we were checking in their bags, the lady at the ticket counter was super cool and told the girls they could stand on the luggage scale to see how much they weighed. After they each had stepped on the scale, we handed them the baby to see how much he weighed. It was the same with both of them...Spencer has hit the 10 pound mark. We even had it checked today at his pediatrician appointment. He is 10 pounds 3 oz. He has gained two pounds (he got down to 8-8 after birth, even though he weighed 9-2 at birth) in two weeks. Brian now calls him "Chubs" while I endearingly refer to him as "Chunk". I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he can suck a 4 oz. bottle down in 10 minutes.

#5 Spencer's belly button came off! Isn't he so cute? HERE COME THE BATHS!

2 comments:

amber buhrley said...

i Just checked your blog last night and was so stoked to see pictures. Then I checked it today on the off chance there would be more pictures. Sure enough! So fun, I love it that you are a great blogger. To answer your question about my blog post...update will come soon about my 80's prom night!

Ruth said...

I love the outfit! ( i gave you the shirt haha) 10 pounds!! So cute. How is the feedings going?