Monday, July 14, 2008

Surprise! A Bunch of Visitors

My sister Amber did such an amazing thing. She hopped on a plane and made a quick 1 1/2 day jaunt to my house because, according to her (is it true, really?) was because she needed to hold the tiny newborn we call Spencer. It was so much fun and I LOVED LOVED LOVED having someone come to visit. We had such a fun day even though we only had one full day to do things. We sure fit a lot in though! Here goes...

First, they flew into Phoenix and landed within 5 minutes after the girls landed coming home from their Utah trip. Their gates were literally one away from each other. I didn't get any pictures but it was so cute cuz I hadn't told the girls. When they got off the plane, I told them there was someone else coming into town. They immediately thought it was Grammy cuz she was supposed to have flown in. Then they guessed Amber, then Nanette, and after that couldn't formulate any other people that would possibly fly in. I made them wait and wait and wait for Amber to get off the plane. It was so cute cuz before you even saw the three of them walking off the plane, you hear this little tiny voice running down the breezeway, "Xoe, Xanthe! It's me, Eliza!" The girls freaked out. It was so fun.

Anyway, we spent the rest of the night at Cafe Rio and driving home, which every single one of us had ADD and were VERY antsy to get there. :) Our stress levels were running high. :)

The next day, we got up and hung out. The kids hung out with the bunny, watered the plants and ran around getting to know our house. This is Xoe and Eliza watering the plants.


We rushed out the door to make it to the 10:00 free movie of "Firedog". I was really proud of myself. This was the first time that I went out in public and actually did the breastfeeding thing and didn't just give up and use a bottle. Woohoo!

Then made our way across town through the 15 minute downpour (we are in warm weather monsoon season now) to the sit down restaurant of Pizza Hut. I'm not kidding. It really is a sit down restaurant where you have a waitress and everything. It's actually quite nice...except for the waitress we had who duped us with our kids' meals. Of course, Amber was the only one brave enough to go get us a discount. I love that she can do that.


We decided to take a break at home and let the kids get ready to go swimming while the babies took naps. I actually went grocery shopping and realized it was the first time since the baby was born that I drove the car and went shopping. I did okay except I think overdid myself so I had to be really careful the rest of the day. I started hurting a little. Eliza did such a great job holding and feeding the baby!



Afterwards, we took the kids to The Cove, our indoor swimming pool that has waves, waterslides a huge jacuzzi, a mushroom, a pirate slide and an outdoor high dive. I think both Amber and I were tapped after that so it was a good thing we were only able to stay an hour.


Meet "Portette" as the kids so lovingly named Porter after he had to sport Eliza's pajamas the second night. hahaha. He didn't care. He just made silly faces back at us.I love that Amber was so spontaneous to make this trip. A girl of my own heart. I really loved having them here and it was so nice to have a sister in town...which is a much needed thing after having a baby. Thank you!

2 comments:

Beth said...

How fun to have a sister who can come see you! I am trying to talk Rachel into getting a job with Delta so I can Fly anywhere at the last minute too!

amber buhrley said...

Such a fun time! i am glad I made the trip, Now I just wish it could have been a week longer! Thanks for all the fun times. We sure crammed alot in. And you forgot to mention Brians tacos and movie night with brownies! Both highlights of the trip! Cant wait to see you again!