Monday, October 1, 2012

October Instagram

October Instagram

christypethel: Ever since visiting one of his favorite families, The Rosenquists, all Spencer can talk about is planting carrots like they have. Yes, I know. It's October. I hope we'll get enough sun to grow something. At least they're in little 2-liter bottle pots. #picstitch

nancyschu: So cute Christy! At least may you will get some little short 2 " carrots to eat! Next year do a box garden on your back porch!

lynnaezie: You are a good mother to do that for your son. Even if you don't get any carrots! Hope you are feeling better these days, Christy. Love ya!

christypethel: @nancyschu we may transfer them into something bigger if they do end up sprouting. We have these great boxes like window boxes that overhang our huge balcony. I never wanted to invest in flowers for them but a mini square foot garden would be perfect.


christypethel: This is what I walked into during Quiet Time. I said, "what are you doin?" "I'm sorting, Mom". Uhhhhh. Maybe that's what they're learning at school cuz I never taught him that word. Haha. But who wouldn't love learning if you had trains and m&m's. :) #picstitch

jennifermcall: @christypethel LOVE this...what a smart pants you have on your hands!

trubritt: He even matched the colors to the trains!!! ❤

christypethel: How many of you know the 3 main reasons for my excitement for this new gem I found at the grocery store?

nancyschu:  No why?

wendyannsmith: 1. They are captain crunch 2. They are Halloween captain crunch 3. You found them in Germany?

christypethel:  @harrykurt and @heathermegan I thought for sure you would know.

harrykurt:  Because u love cereal late at night like the rest of us!!!!? It's like a desert!!!

christypethel: Yes!!! So @wendyannsmith was partly right! and @harrykurt got another one. @nancyschu it's cuz 1. I LOVE cereal. It's my a meal and drink all in one! 2. I LOVE Halloween!!! And 3. It turns the milk green!!! That combination?! Can't get any better than that!



christypethel: I knew it was too quiet in the other room. He's even got his hands tucked under his cheek, coat on and everything. :)

sunshyne17:  Awe! How precious is that!

nancyschu: 
I want a coat like his.

nancyschu
That was Dad wanting the coat! Ha!

heathermegan
I wanna give him snuggles!

harrykurt
@nancyschu I actually do want his jacket

christypethel
Awww. He wants @heathermegan's snuggles too.

christypethel
@harrykurt it's such a cool jacket huh? We've had it for two years. I kind if second guessed the purchase thinking he wouldn't wear it but it's his favorite jacket.

justmal_overhere
He's so adorable!


christypethel
Xoe's school pictures proof.

nancyschu
They look exactly the same! Wow identical. They are so pretty!

christypethel
These are both @xxoo2499 @nancyschu. Do You mean she looks like @xanthevilla 's picture? They are looking a lot more identical these days.

bethlamb
So pretty too or two

nancyschu
Yes these 2 look like the 2 above them! Those are diff girls right?


christypethel
School Pictures- Xanthe- On a green screen so we can choose our background. Anyone interested in seeing said backgrounds? Haha.

bethlamb
So pretty

christypethel
I either want to cry or do the happy dance. Just sat down in a place downstairs i haven't come in awhile, looked over and spotted my glasses I thought I had lost. I have been searching everywhere, including asking people look at the venue I just performed at last week. You know you've all had moments like this!

nancyschu
Yay! Dad lost his favorite tan sports coat and searched the whole ward bldg. his office, all cars and trucks, called Daunine to check her ward lost and found. Then found it in our front closet hanging up! Ha!

christypethel
Having fun at Audrey's Monster Mash Birthday Party. Jenn Eastwood you did an amazing job! #picstitch

christypethel
More monster mash pics. He's showing you the googly eyes on his cup and pinning the eyeball on the monster. #picstitch


christypethel
Conference crafts.

la_lady17
They are so cute, you got blessed there.


christypethel
Walked in to some random father son bonding. Mixing colors when he found my new box of food coloring. #whateverentertainshimsoidonthaveto



christypethel
Ok I had to cut their heads off. For some reason it took a funky picture I couldn't shrink into the square. Cute jar lid crafts they made.



christypethel
I gotta get these treats out of my house. They're dangerous. I keep eating them.

nancyschu
What are they from?

christypethel
@nancyschu thank you gifts for people who helped me after the miscarriage and for women I visit teach.

christypethel
#picstitch watching muppets on the way to the apple orchards.

Xanthe's new go-to hairstyle.  The sock bun.



christypethel
he's happy because he's got his Burger King.

nancyschu
So cute! I can't wait to see him!



christypethel
Our goods from apple picking today!

nicklepickle
Make crock pot apple sauce. I made it yesterday and it was SOOOO good!

christypethel
Ooooh @nicklepickle how?

nicklepickle
Oh it's SO easy. I got the recipe on Pinterest. All it is is 8-10 apples cored peeled and sliced. Throw in crock pot with 1/4 cup water, 5-6 teaspoons brown sugar, half of a lemon squeezed of its juice, a slice of lemon peel, and cinnamon sugar, mix together and cook on low for 6 hours. Mine was a power crock pot So it cooked in 2.5 hours in low. Then blend together and refrigerate. You can can it or eat right away. It's so tasty.

melissa0224
Probably more nutritional than any pesticide American grown apples.

jenn_jnelson
I am going to try it @nicklepickle

christypethel
I told my kids the same thing! That's also why we get a produce box delivered every week too 


christypethel
Oh wait! I forgot the fresh apple juice! Can't forget the amazing fresh apple juice (apfel saft) that was only 1.65 euro. Help me. I should have bought more. I'll just have to go back.


christypethel

Found this spooky gem in our driveway this morning. (Brian's hand for frame of reference). Really setting the mood for Halloween. I don't get freaked by spiders but this huge one suspended between two trees creeped me out a little. @trubritt you wouldn't have been happy with it.

davies327
We had two spiders like that in our backyard in Wiesbaden...creepy! But, I just let them stay because they got all the nasty bugs. I always hated spiders till I got to Germany and then learned that they are good little critters.

trubritt
Ahhhhhh!!!

nancyschu
Scary! I hate spiders ! I have Arachnyphobia big time!

christypethel
Mom I didn't know you had arachnophobia. @nancyschu


christypethel
Such great pumpkins! @xxoo2499 @xanthevilla. And thank you to the young women at church for doing this activity since its up there with dying Easter eggs as to how much I love this activity of carving pumpkins. #ifyoudidntknowihatedyingeastereggs

christypethel
And I locked myself out.


christypethel
This is our front doorstep. The arrangement is courtesy of Spencer Pethel. We have tried moving that middle pumpkin sooooo many times but he scolds us and hunkers down to push it back into place. I giggle everytime i open the door so of course there's no way I'm moving it now. We need more pumpkins don't you think and finish my doorstep. Burlap, we need burlap. 😁



Fall in Germany is breathtaking...

christypethel
Wrapping goodies for bake sale!



 christypethel
Revisiting our homemade track. this kid has a good memory. We haven't played with this for forever. #justignorethatits9:40




christypethel
We spend a lot if time drawing trains on white boards, paper, envelopes, post-its.... Can u guess what he loves?

christypethel
It's definitely not @kiddwnst quality but it works. :)


christypethel
Sun is starting to set. This one tree was basically spotlighted against a beautiful sky backdrop. All the trees were shaded around it. I ❤ Fall.





christypethel
Having a really lazy morning on the kitchen floor. He set this whole thing up. I spy "Guess Who" "Perfection" "Mr. Funny" Apple Jacks, stickers, "Turtle" and train tracks.


christypethel
My job. I guess I wasn't good enough of a train builder. I got demoted to sorting track. :) #selfnominatedjob #ireallydontunderstandtrackbuilding #gottaloveboys #whytheyneeddads


christypethel
This kid has serious train building skills. I did not help him with this. Check out the next picture for what I did the whole time.


So okay I helped make this bridge


christypethel
My new treasure from the Bazaar yesterday. It looks smaller in this picture than it actually is. It goes in our souvenir room. This one is my Germany treasure (I've never loved cuckoo clocks to represent this place).


christypethel
We went to this "bazaar" in the community where tons of vendors came to sell homemade goods, there were organizations representing, performers, food fundraisers for different army and air force units. It was really fun. I bought some fun homemade things. The music schule was there for the kids to get interested in music. Of all the myriad of things to do (paint your own pumpkin, watch the performers, shop, eat) this little boy kept coming back to the music schule. He wanted to play all the instruments. I wonder if he's gonna be musical. I'm hoping for it since my family grew up in music. Sorry to post so many pics but they were all so cute I didn't want them to get lost in a tiny collage.

christypethel
The violin...


christypethel
The flute...

christypethel
The piano...


christypethel
The trumpet... @heshela would be proud.


christypethel
His school BFF Ilana. He refuses to play or sit by anyone else at school. :) we love her and her family!


Didn't post this on instagram, but I caught a picture of this little girl who spencer has an amazing crush on. Her name is Emma.  Since this picture I've become friends with her mom and we laugh about it. But he wants to sit by her all the time and talks about her all the time. :)

christypethel
School pics. :)

ambuhrley
Oh my goodness! This is adorable!

christypethel
It's cool the way this photographer does it. She shoots in digital in something like sports mode and the inevitably she'll get a good picture. @ambuhrley

bethlamb
He is so beautiful

heshela
What a heshela!

christypethel
Picking out pumpkins... #picstitch

christypethel
It was too heavy I guess. ;)

wendyannsmith
Love

christypethel
Someone's getting shots today. I think he's smiling cuz he gets a toy for being brave. Let's see if he's smiles afterward. :)

harrykurt
Hey skinny! You're lookin good

christypethel
@harrykurt you're my best friend!!!

linzortiz
I agree with @harrykurt , looking good!

lynnaezie
You both are looking so cute, mother and son look alikes. You make cute kids Christy!

trubritt
You always look so young!

christypethel
Awww @lynnaezie @trubritt you totally made my day. :)


christypethel
Look who sang at church on Sunday! They did awesome. @xanthevilla @xxoo2499

nancyschu
Yay! They are following in their mothers footsteps

ruthylou
Awww wish we were there. P.S Ollie says he wants to go to Germany on his mission..,. I wonder why

christypethel
Aww @ruthylou. That's so cute.

christypethel
I guess it's deeper than it looks.

nancyschu
Hahahahaha. So cute!

christypethel
#marypoppinsbag

I think spencer needs some new church clothes.


Snacks and entertainment on the way home from church.


christypethel
I got desperate @yojules @ruthylou @nsteimle @heathermegan @srbarrett I may have just cut my own hair. :) We get desperate for haircuts over here. Can't wait to sit in one of your guys' chairs. The girls were a little freaked out when they saw me holding my hair out to the side to cut layers. Haha. (I've probably seen one too many haircuts. :) ) it's not perfect but so much better than before.

heathermegan
Good job!

elizabethbandley
Nice! Looking good!

ruthylou
Fly me over and I'll cut everybody's hair ;)

alicialeec
Been there done that. ;) looks good!

christypethel
I'm tempted @ruthylou. Very very tempted. :)

srbarrett
I think it looks great!! Still can't believe you cut your own layers!! I'm back on Tuesday and can get you in anytime. since my brother is here, he can help watch Soph and spencer if you need help with Spencer.

christypethel
I absolutely did. #buncohalloweenparty

ambuhrley
I need one of those! Just came across a photo when I dressed as macy gray. Painted myself black and didn't wear a wig. I twisted my hair and then when I took it out it was an Afro which I spray painted black! #lastminutecostume

linzortiz
@ambuhrley no way! Did you really?

heshela
Like girls I knew!

heathermegan
I might need to steal that idea



christypethel
It's so damp here, my front walkway grows. Moss. (just a little bit. I kinda think it's cool). That's why Germany is so green! Wet air.

harrykurt
Oh my gosh I'd love that! Don't change that!


christypethel
I love Halloween. Thanks for letting me help, Marnie.

jessndavidhowell
Wowzers! U out did everyone I know! #suchaschultz

heathermegan
Awesome!

christypethel
Thanks @jessndavidhowell! I like the hashtag you've started. :)

christypethel
#suchaschultz

christypethel
I love when he snuggles up to me during a "good part" of his train show. :)

christypethel
Insisting on pumpkin pancakes this morning. Helping mom make them. He claims "I LUUUUUUUUV cooking now!" #picstitch

christypethel
He even asked for a "little sip of butter syrup in a cup." oh boy. Yes that's how good butter syrup is. :)

bspethel
butter syrup must have been the 'mana from heaven'...


christypethel
Spencer finally decided on a costume. A Thomas train conductor. The costume store had one left. It's a police costume but we'll just put a Thomas badge on.

heathermegan
Haha so cute! Of coarse he is!

lynnaezie
That is so cute, he fits the role so perfectly!

ambuhrley
So awesome!

jpgurrl
Jakob just said "wow mama my cousin Spencer Pethel is going to be a conductor..and I'm going to be one too.. To all the Halloween parties."(he s going to be iron man lol)


christypethel
Day 3, Party #3 Murder Mystery. I was going for a Spanish Widow for our Wild,Wild West 1882 game, but I think it turned out a little more goth than I expected. :) I wish I would have taken a picture of the food table. @fizerella did you get one? It was amazing Western theme with cowboys and Indians.

christypethel
P.S. wish you coulda seem my skirt. Jimmied it out if a black solid tablecloth. #suchaschultz. (that's for you @jessndavidhowell)

christypethel
#notthebestpicturebuttheonlyoneigotbeforerushingofftosetup. You all know how THAT goes (especially caterers).

jessndavidhowell
You can do anything as everything! Toomuchntalentforonefamily!

jiggityjamesg
#holylashes

katielschultz
Love- ing- this

bethlamb
Loving this too!

jpgurrl
Awesome!!!!! No no no it's great

heathermegan
Wow amazing!

lynnaezie
I love this picture of you, you're beautiful.

christypethel
Such a fun group of people! We had 3 separate games going! Thanks @xanthevilla for the mustaches.

christypethel
At lunch with my boys at one of my favorite places Vapianos in Downtown Wiesbaden. @xanthevilla and @xxoo2499 might be super mad. :) they made me promise not to go without them. :)

davies327
Love that place!

sammyssounds
Brian has an amazing mustache

christypethel
@sammyssounds we had an amazing Murder Mystery party last night. He was a cowboy and totally shaved his goatee into a rad 'stache with a 5 o'clock shadow. Haha. It's awesome. (but I need him to grow it back. :))

sammyssounds
Nah! It's legit

christypethel
The Lego Store is always on the agenda when spencer visits "Downtown beecebottom". #iregretintroducinghim

yojules
Sorry lady, that intro was my bad!! Oops!

christypethel
Dear @yojules thank you very much. You're forgiven only cuz we all love you so much!!! (P.S. I had no idea 'twas you. Cuz I didn't remember doing it. Haha. I was a little confused. But all is well. Whatever made him happy while we were gone. :) )



christypethel
Ummmm I can't even think of a good enough title for this. Someone help explain all that is going on here.

heathermegan
Is that a man or a woman!

wendyannsmith
Haha @heathermegan that's exactly my first thought

christypethel
I'm pretty sure it's a man. His facial features were definitely male. @wendyannsmith @heathermegan. Here are other thoughts. Balloon man, fake hair?, ripped muscles, tight jeans, balloon in between his legs? I'm stumped. I stood inside the store across from him really trying to make sense of him. Whaaaaaat?

bspethel
What Steven Tyler would be doing if his start up band Aerosmith didn't work out!!!

bspethel
@wendyannsmith @heathermegan @christypethel

wendyannsmith
Haha

christypethel
Haha. Horrible.

jenn_jnelson
He might need to use the restroom


christypethel
I don't really love when stores bring out Christmas too early but my breath almost stopped when walking into Butlers in Downtown Wiesbaden. Truly one of my favorite stores.

kber8
Wow!! This is why I must come to Germany!!!

christypethel
I hope you're able to. @kber8

christypethel
More... And yes those are sweater patterned candles, mini-mushrooms and a ski hat candle.

christypethel
One of the German Christmas traditions I love. Weihnachten (christmas) Adventskalendar. You light a candle each Sunday in December. This is one of the more clever arrangements I've seen. I might need to get me one. Those silver numbers stick into the candles.

christypethel
After getting special tickets to hear the prophet for our church talk at a special last minute event here in Germany, we rushed them out to meet their school to leave on a week long leadership event at a castle with schools from around Europe. The girls had to write an essay and have good grades to get in. Great job girls!!! We're gonna miss you.

heshela
So proud of you both.

bethlamb
This is a week they will never forget

katielschultz
Wow! They are very lucky to have such a cultured life

heathermegan
Awesome!

miloworld
That is freakin sweet!

ddstid
How was the prophets talk

christypethel
Aunt @ddstid it was truly amazing. Having him here was very humbling.



christypethel
Spencer said,"Dad, you sing! Mom! You play the drums!"

christypethel
I'm in love with my orange gooseberry Fall front door wreath I just bought from the German floral shop. I'm looking for pics from my friends if you've got a cute entryway you've decorated. Can u snap a picture and instagram it or email it??? I wanna use it on my magazine blog. It doesn't need to be all professional. It'd be fun to have people posting their front doors like we did with photo a day!!! Do it!

christypethel
Or maybe snap a picture of someone else's door you see as you're out and about. :) I wanna get as many as I can by October 28th (a week from now). I have so many creative and talented friends in my followers alone. Send 'em! :)



christypethel
Leaf collecting.

trubritt
This is such an awesome photo!



christypethel
Crockpot Apple Butter in my state-of-the art crockpot. @bspethel rocks for being techy and always getting me stuff. Cuz even though it's 7:22 p.m. And takes 7 hours. I can set it to turn off in 7 hours and go to sleep.

katielschultz
Wow! I was just thinking I want to start a crock pot in the morning, but wish I could have it turn off after a certain time. Guess they have them

christypethel
Yup @katielschultz and it has a "probe" that goes into meat to set a temperature. You can either just measure it or leave it in and the crockpot will turn off when it reaches a certain temperature. :)


christypethel
Look what I found. He was taking pictures under his thomas blanket while hiding from daddy waiting for him to get home.

bspethel
Cute



christypethel
The back of one of Spencer's papers from school where he is attempting to write his name. Never thought it would happen. But i guess everyday they come in and there is something set out for them to write their name. A little personal white board, paper, etc. I haven't visited his classroom yet but thought there was no way these little ones would be trying so hard, esp spencer. He's at least making shapes (if you knew him, he refuses to pick up a crayon or marker, barely a paintbrush). Can you see the "c" where the crease is... Upper right corner? Great job buddy!



christypethel
Finally got my kitchen table under control. And now it's decorated (btw we bypassed Halloween decorations altogether. Long story).



christypethel

Never mind. They look better out here. :) on my porch. :)



christypethel
Typical me. Will someone PLEASE remind me next year that I already have 2 fall wreaths, and now the 3rd one I bought this year thinking I didn't have any (remember the gooseberry one already hanging on my door)? I don't need to buy more. (Randomly just found these in a bin in the garage.)

ambuhrley
I have almost the same exact wreath in the left! I'll take a picture when I get my fall decorations out and out away my halloween ones!

nsteimle
@ambuhrley and @christypethel you each send me one of your matching ones for my two doors;)

christypethel
@nsteimle I could gave sworn we got these at the after Halloween sale. did u not get one too?



This little boy is obsessed with two things.  Thomas the train and the Post Office.  He loves going to the post office because he thinks it's like a mail order where you can just place an order and pick it up right away. It's becoming excessive ordering things online and going to the Post Office. I surprised him with these rare cars though. He was so dang excited.  That's what makes it kinda worth it.

christypethel
Can anyone shed some light on what game/toy this is? Spencer insisted on buying it at the thrift store minus instructions. and dad is gone. @bspethel

davies327
Put the pieces together to make a road. It should have battery operated cars that go with it that go around the track. Addison has one with bridges and tunnels. He also uses other cars on it. It's fun, but a mess!

bspethel
Wow. Crazy. Good luck with that! :-P

elizabethbandley
It's called pleasant journey! We have 3 of them at our house! Pip loves them! Did it come with the trucks?

elizabethbandley
The trucks are battery operated and drive really fast around the track. It's fun!

christypethel
Ok how did so many people know about this @elizabethbandley? So cool. It only had one vehicle but only the body and wheels. It looks like there should be something that snaps on top that shows its a vehicle but not here. Im sure itll work. Just have to change the battery. Maybe I can find some extra trucks. Then again he was fine putting his trains and lightning McQueen cars to race around.



christypethel
This was in pieces. How did Spencer instinctively know it would turn into something that resembled a train track or race track? I tried talking him into so many other toys and he refused. This kid I swear. Thanks @davies327. I thought for sure no one would know. Is this yours? :) I have to admit this is pretty amazing. All the tiny joints bend into whatever shape.

cupcakes76
Wow, that turned out pretty cool!

ambuhrley
He's a genius!

wendyannsmith
That track is the best. Because its easy for kids!

alicialeec
That is so impressive!!

christypethel
What the?! I swore no one would have heard of this and all of you do. Haha. @wendyannsmith

wendyannsmith
The funny thing is that we bought it at a grocery store. It has battery operated cars. We've bought a couple for gifts because kids love them

ethaningram
Reminds me of Chad when he was little.

jenn_jnelson
Because he is Smart!


christypethel
Spending the day with preschool making pumpkins out of orange play dough. I love this age.

christypethel
Killing time playin matching out of our UNO cards from Burger King while waiting for the girls' bus that is now an hour and a half late. That seems to be a good number for today. Our 12 minute drive to school today ALSO took an hour and a half. #ifyoucouldseemeimnotlaughing

christypethel
So happy together again! Girls are back from their weeklong leadership seminar. At a castle! Rough life they have. So what better way to celebrate them back than lunch at Vapianos!

b_tomeyy
I am soooo jealous!!!

ambuhrley
What better way to celebrate then with a bottled coke!



christypethel
Church Halloween party. Why does my right eye look 80 years old?

mr_whispers
Oh hey Harrison!!

christypethel
Haha totally @mr_whispers



christypethel

Just spencer and me at the church Halloween party. Girls are at Middle School Halloween Party and Brian is gone. We've had some fun times on our special dates.

christypethel
Ps my skirt is made from a folded over tablecloth held on by a belt. Ignore the bunching up in my midsection. :)

heshela
I remember Halloween with u in 2010.

nancyschu
I love it! And he looks so cute!!

christypethel
Yup @heshela we've reminisced every year since (so I guess just 2) but the girls and I wish you were here every year for Halloween. We have some great memories with you guys.

christypethel
Some more pics for @bspethel since he couldn't be here. This kid, I swear, would not sit still. Haha. These are the best I could get. :) I love my little train conductor. #picstitch

bspethel
Awesome. I love that you got the Thomas badge on his hat and jacket

christypethel
Yup @bspethel you'll be impressed at what I used. It has to do with a sticker book and a laminator. Didn't even need to color print.





christypethel
Thaaaaaat's how you do it! Award-winning chili at the chili cook off. Booyah!

heathermegan
Gimme gimme the recipe

christypethel
I'll send it. :)

ambuhrley
I want it too!

heshela
Me too !

nancyschu
Me too. Dad loves chili

alicialeec
Me toooooooo!

christypethel
K. I'll email it. But a lot of it is to taste so keep that in mind. :) I'll try and write some of the random things I added or did. @heathermegan @heshela @nancyschu @alicialeec


christypethel
This was Spencer's choice for tv this morning. Watching construction vehicles. #picstitch

whitneyingram
That is just like my boys!

alicialeec
Spencer and Jakey are soul mates




christypethel
Family Movie Night. Jazmine, Wassail, Popcorn, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and classic Halloween movies make for a great movie night. #picstitch



christypethel
Fall Painting activity. Was feeling guilty that I hadn't given him much one on one today. Watercolor paints kinda saved me with not having to plan a huge activity.


christypethel
I'm pretty sure this is not allowed but I was so proud of him. He sat so still and told me he was only going to sing one song! I wish I could upload the video. He sang "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man" song like all other 8 songs put together. His part in the mic was something like "I follow Jesus when I play kindly with my friends..." then randomly added "Chapter 1!" when asked why he said, "cuz it was the first part to the rest of the program." huh? That was not practiced before. Haha. We were all happy he didn't yell "POOP!" like he loves to do at home!

jessndavidhowell
I did this too:) I felt bad for 2 sec and then was over it

nikki_havejoy
Awww he looks so handsome!

wendyannsmith
Such a big boy. My kids had the primary program today too. So fun!

ethaningram
He looks like a tiny Harrison!

amugapo
I have to admit I did the same thing.

christypethel
@ethaningram lots of people say that and I love it when they do cuz @bspethel doesn't believe me. :) @harrykurt ^




christypethel
I am officially old BUT ingenious. Spencer is always asking me to play trains with him but I never want to cuz it hurts my knees (we have hardwood floors). Solution! Xanthe's volleyball knee pads!

jessndavidhowell
Haha you r brilliant- great solution

christypethel
Thanks @jessndavidhowell cuz really I just feel old. Like a grandma saying "I have crotchety bad knees"

wendyannsmith
Haha. @christypethel I am convinced that it is because of all the years we have spent doing wedding flowers that has done it to us. #damnconcrete

christypethel
@wendyannsmith it HAS to be!!!!

christypethel
So stoked on @nsteimle's Witches Brew we just featured on the PS Blog! She is so dang awesome!

nsteimle
Thanks Christy! That was really cool!


christypethel
Crazy Sock Day! thanks @trubritt for the socks!

trubritt
Awww yay! Now I'm gonna have the Chuggington song stuck in my head all day...



christypethel
Sooooo happy to get my hair done. Chopped it. What do you think? Thank you @srbarrett!

lynnaezie
Cute!

heathermegan
Cute!

christypethel
Awww thanks @yojules and @lynnaezie

christypethel
@lynnaezie I need to talk to you. Do u do email very much?

jessndavidhowell
Love it

linzortiz
Looks so cute!

ambuhrley
Looks awesome and you look skinny!

bspethel
I really like it! :)

harrykurt
Wait... Why do I feel like I'm looking at an old "Blush" picture!? I swear u had this same haircut then. Haha looking young, and skinny ;)

harrykurt
^ @jenn_jnelson hahah

ruthylou
You look Amazing!!

christypethel
Oh shoot @harrykurt I probably did. Haha. Let's just pretend the hairstyle is coming back in okay?! :)

christypethel
Thank you everyone! Yay it's got the stamp of approval. @jessndavidhowell @linzortiz @ambuhrley @bspethel @ruthylou

harrykurt
@christypethel it totally is coming back! Hello!?!!... Remember when I'm currently rocking curls! I considered a freakin perm! Haha @heathermegan

heathermegan
A perm @harrykurt you have the curliest hair!

christypethel
Haha totally @heathermegan I thought the same thing. @harrykurt however if you'll remember (re blush) If I'm thinking of the picture you are, @jenn_jnelson had this cut. She was in the front. I was in the back with really short hair.

heathermegan
I think we need a picture @christypethel

harrykurt
@heathermegan don't worry I'm not gonna do it! I wanted To just define my curls. Haha and @christypethel I think you're right!!!

christypethel
@heathermegan @harrykurt believe me I've been trying to figure where it is. Oh! I just remembered. I think. I'll send it when I get home. Otherwise it's in long term storage back in the states. We might have better luck from @bigbitz or @jenn_jnelson :)

sharlawatene
Love it!!

christypethel
Thank you Michelle Rich for sending pictures of your beautiful house for us to feature! You guys have to see it! (then again @jenn_jnelson @wendyannsmith and @elizabethbandley already have! :) where are your pics girls?). Peeps-We'd love if you guys still sent us your doorways decorated for fall. We're gonna do a whole feature for those who've already sent them and I'd love to have all my talented friends and family show off their amazingness!

nicklepickle
I really wish I had a house or door way or anything to decorate for fall right now. Maybe next year! What a fun idea!

christypethel
@nicklepickle has your mom decorated? Can you send a pic of hers? Id love to feature any amazing things you've made too. I'm loving all the brains and creativity in our family! You're one of them!

christypethel
Thx for responding though too! @nicklepickle :)

elizabethbandley
@sophie_e_rich @a_rich_24 show this to your mom :)


christypethel
Totally don't get sick of me posting about the magazine blog. Just two more for awhile. I'm just super stoked on my uber talented family and friends who send over their awesome work for us to see! This is a poem by @bizbenji about the Northern Lights in October called aurora borealis. If you haven't read his stuff before, go see it now. www.politesocietymagazine.com/blog @katielschultz

christypethel
This is the killer of any willpower I have in my diet. This wassail recipe is so amazing. I just made a second batch. And Xoe and Xanthe have been taking it on the morning school bus. It looks like they have a morning cup of coffee.

sunshyne17
@christypethel could you share with me the recipe? I'd love to try it! :)

alicialeec
I want it too!!!

christypethel
Ok I'll post it on the blog as soon as I get home. I've had a few other people ask for it. @alicialeec @sunshyne17 there's just something about the flavor blends but give yourself a few hours to let it steep but if you do run out of time it's still good.

christypethel
Ive made a batch for our friends' house for after a cold night of trick or treating.

christypethel
Ok it's up on the blog! Check it out. Www.politesocietymagazine.com/blog @alicialeec @sunshyne17

sunshyne17
Thank you @christypethel :) I can't wait to make some! Sounds so good!


christypethel
Having fun with a bestie. (Yes we're letting them race cars on the food court ground.)

christypethel
Trick or treating with a bestie! One of his girlfriends, Ilana. :)

ddstid
It's so weird that you are trick or treating already

christypethel
Ya @ddstid we're already done and now carving pumpkins, eating pizza and drinking wassail. Crazy huh?

alicialeec
Jake just looked at this picture and said, "a Thomas conductor!" We'll done, Christy!

christypethel
@alicialeec that just seriously and totally made my night. :)

christypethel
@bspethel ^ look at Alicia's comment.

bspethel
Awesome @alicialeec

christypethel
Running into another bestie Audrey. Another one of his girlfriends.

bspethel
This kid has a different girl in every class... (who needs to go to another city) :-D

christypethel
What do you mean @bspethel ?


christypethel
Spencer explaining in detail exactly how his pumpkin should be carved to Ilana's dad who graciously carved pumpkins knowing how much I don't love it.

christypethel
Our "spooky" Halloween moon. Perfect for this night. Spencer was staring at it quietly for a few minutes and said, "I love spooky moons, Mom.". Yes, son. You are definitely mine.


christypethel
Us too @sunshyne17. Tradition. Great pumpkin Charlie Brown.

No comments: