Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Night-Trick or Treating-OLD POST


Now that the girls are teenagers, they no longer want to hang out with us for trick-or-treating. They met up with their friends to do some trick-or-treating.  If I come across pictures from their phones I'll post them here.  But for now, it was just me, Spencer and Brian.

Spencer's good friend, Ilana's parents invited us over to go trick-or-treating then food afterwards.  They were in heaven as you can tell from their holding hands while walking.



He kept asking for lots of pieces.  I kept trying to teach him he only got one from each place.  I had actually brought bags of candy to give away to those giving out candy.  The way it works here is since not many Germans celebrate Halloween (it's only recently starting to be celebrated), all those who live on the American base hand out candy. Thousands and thousands of people, including Germans, come to get candy. It's so crazy in some places we avoid those areas.  And since we don't live on the American base, we don't have to buy candy.  Candy is pretty expensive.  And it kind of stinks that those who live in base have to put out such a huge expense.  So I usually buy about 10 bags of candy and give it out to friends I know on base, or walk around with a bag and give it to those I can tell are running out.  This way I also didn't feel so bad about my son who wanted a ton of candy (and will never actually eat it, but use it as train cargo).


There were some pretty amazing decorations out.

Ilana wearing Spencer's hat back at the house.

Back at the house, Matt (seen here) and Heidi Shea made German style pizzas and had some fun snacks for us.  I brought some wassail and pumpkins to carve.  Carving pumpkins are right up there with dying eggs, my two least favorite activities.  Matt was seriously the bomb to carve pumpkins for Spencer.  And Spencer chatted his ear off the whole time.  Look at the next few pictures. Matt never seemed annoyed and was totally engaged the whole time.






You know I love Halloween right? How could I pass up these balloons?

Me again.  It really didn't do the costume justice. I just couldn't  get a good picture of myself.    But there you go.  It helps my skin is so naturally white. :)

No comments: