Monday, October 27, 2008

Living Vicariously...


So, I think besides my cousin, Jacque...my sister Nanette loves Halloween more than anyone I know. She and I share a love for everything Halloween, and oh how much we love buying Halloween decorations and books for each other and sharing ideas for the cute things we can do each year.


And I live vicariously through her with her decorations and her parties and all the fun she has around this time of year. My problem is because I love Halloween so much, I always want to be able to celebrate it the perfect way...so if it isn't just absolutely GREAT, then I don't do it (but not by choice. I really wish I did Halloween better). Take decorations for example. I haven't figured out how to spend wisely, and find good deals like she can, so because I don't want it to become a stress of over-spending (like my previous post says about why I am not crazy-fond of Christmas because of all the money going out), I don't, and haven't, bought a lot of Halloween decorations.


But Nanette does! She totally knows how to do Halloween.


Please look at these pictures of Nanette's house. This was the delightful surprise I arrived upon when visiting her over Fall Break. My breath was taken away at every spider web, bone graveyard and candlestick she had adorning her house. Please, at this time, take a tour with me through Nanette's spooky Halloween haunt. (And please try to take notice of the new find she just recently purchased. The purple witches hat...which of course was reason enough to plan a Witches Brew party for all her friends! Beautiful, I tell you!)

First, the INSIDE...






Now, please take a stroll with me outside to her front yard...




1 comment:

M Rock said...

Christy! Thank you for blogging for me! You are too nice to me all the time. Happy Halloween! -Nan