Saturday, October 4, 2008

OUT OF IT

So, over the summer so many people didn't blog very much so I got used to not checking others' blogs very often. I go away for like 2 days and EVERYONE'S blogging. I feel so out of it. But I have good excuses and I'll give them to you in the form of updates for my posts the last couple of days....Here they are...

1. Spencer has the worst case of diarrhea/butt rash/grouchy baby I have experienced with him yet. Can you say open sore bleeding? Nothing's working, until the bug cleared out of his body and now it's going away. Anyone need a diaper rash product? I have every kind. Leah told me last night to use cornstarch. COULDA USED THAT ADVICE 5 days ago! hahaha.

2. Brian took the day off work on Thursday to go get an International Drivers' License (for his trip to Japan) in Tucson. He asked me if I wanted to go. HELL YA! A day just with him, the baby and all the shopping at my fingertips. We're a little deprived down here. :) So, amongst the other shopping and eating we did, we made a trip to Old Navy, thanks to Ruth's advice! Yup! My husband rocks. Not only did he buy me 5 pairs of pants (instead of just one like I was planning) and 3 shirts, he actually SHOPPED with me. He picked stuff out for me, helped me choose AND went to get me other sizes. He also gave the salespeople back the clothes I didn't want. It was like I had my own personal stylist. I LOVED it. Ruth, do I keep giving you more reasons to love my husband? hahaha. I'll try some on and maybe take pictures of one or two of the outfits.

3. Been working on getting Spencer to sleep through the night and cry himself to sleep. I have to say that I didn't use the Babywise method cuz I didnt' know it as well as I know the Ferber method...(the one I've posted on the right and the only way I got my twins to sleep through the night at age 2) and he is now going to sleep on his own in his crib after like 3 seconds of laying in there, and on the days he didn't have the diaper rash he was sleeping 5-8 hour stints at one time. I am SO stoked! My BIG little boy is growing up.

4. Not only am I consumed with getting the Junior Girl Scout troop I took over last year off the ground, but by popular demand, I started Showbiz again. How could I not? My girls LOVE it and so many people in my circle love it too. But I am happy to say that it's being done as a Parent Co-Op and everyone is doing so much to help out. And the kids who are in it are so amazing. So, as hard as Showbiz is, it's worth every experience my kids get from it. It sure is tiring though. Who needs a day of Baby Boot Camp when you can just teach Showbiz for two hours? :)

5. Lastly, I've been working on losing weight without sacrificing the breastfeeding. Check out this site http://www.babyfit.com/. For normal people it's http://www.sparkpeople.com/. It's totally free and it's like Weight Watchers where you can track everything online. They give you weekly menus, a shopping list, a place to enter in what you ate and points for everything you do to win stuff. I've been consumed by it. I love it.

No comments: